North Cyprus Tourist Board - Local football
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Local football

Local football

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

HarryHornet

Message Posted:
11/01/2008 17:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THE LOCAL FOOTBALL SCENE IN THE TRNC

I HAVE SEEN A FEW STADIUMS ABOUT AND I WONDER IF THE SEASON IS THE SAME AS THE UK

jemjem

Message Posted:
11/01/2008 18:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

hi harryhornet my neibour in block 3 no2 is a local ref i know essentepe and lapta have teams he gets down to turtle bay most week ends and refs on sundays nice man give him a call when over . ive allready told him the english will take them on are you ok for our team bob

cypruschauffer

Message Posted:
11/01/2008 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Hi ,GREAT TO SEE SOMEONE INTERESTED IN LOCAL FOOTBALL.I HAVE BEEN GOING TO GAMES HERE SINCE I COME 3 YEARS AGO.I HAVE ALSO HELPED WITH TWO CLUBS HERE IN NORTH CYPRUS WITH COACHING.THE SEASON RUNS MORE OR LESS THE SAME TIME AS IN ENGLAND.ALSO THERE IS A SUMMER LEAGUE,THESE ARE THE LOWER TEAMS.THE TOP TWO DIVS HAVE TO HAVE A GRASS PITCH.ARE YOU LOOKING TO GO AND WATCH SOME GAMES OR WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE INVOLVED WITH A CLUB? ALOT OF PLAYERS ARE BEING PAID I WAS WITH A SECOND DIV TEAM AND THAY GOT 100YTL PER WEEK PLUS EXTRA FOR WIN AND POSITION IN LEAQUE PAYMENTS....IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT CYPRUSMARK@HOTMAIL.COM THANKS MARK

uppy247

Message Posted:
11/01/2008 22:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Hi

We are looking to move over to Kyrenia this summer.

Do you know of any clubs for teenagers - my son is 13 and plays for his school here.

thanks

Helen

HarryHornet

Message Posted:
12/01/2008 12:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Thanks cypruschauffer i am only looking to watch past my sell by date to play

i have an apartment near the stadium in girne and i hope to catch a game in march when next over.

Jarra

Message Posted:
12/01/2008 17:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

When we are out in Esentepe we go and watch the local team and its always entertaining here are some of my observations.

Its great to see so many local people there following the team, women kids and children and the excitment in the supporters is excellent.

Even saw a scuffle one time which suprised me and argument started due to a Lapat supporter stating the referee had being bribed by Esentepe. He had a point has the lapta player had been hacked down by three Esentepe players and he got sent off. Sorry I am laughing now as I recall it as the Lapta supporter did have an argument. The Police got involved in the disturbance and resolved the situation by getting the fags out. Superb.

Most of the clubs encourage the kids to play so would suggest just turn up if your young un wants to get involved, and what agreat way to mix with the local kids.

Even the gone past sell by dates like me pop up on training nights and have a kick about really good fun. Great way to mix with the locals as well.

JamesB

Message Posted:
12/01/2008 18:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Helen, I presume your son is going to be going to school, I know sunny lane and GAU have footy teams. I think Fennebache are running some schooling in trnc but I did hear more of a money spinner, Only heresay though you'd have to look into it. But soccer seems to be very active out there he should love it.

cypruschauffer

Message Posted:
19/07/2008 11:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

any clubs need a manager this season please let me know thanks....

newlad

Message Posted:
19/07/2008 19:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Cypruschauffer,

You are Sam Allardyce and i claim my fiver,

Paul.

cypruschauffer

Message Posted:
20/07/2008 07:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

better looking and not as fat as sam.....no fiver for you mate!!!!!!!!

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
20/07/2008 08:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

You will find that all the villages have teams of some sort and children are on the whole taking part.

Unfortunatley only the Turkish language papers report anything about local football which is a shame.

I agree with above comments, the first division is well supported by all ages and across families. The supporters are very passionate and there is the occasional bout of fisticufs!!!!! The local bad boys are Gonyeli who have had there ground closes a few times over the years. They are this years league champions.

What a good way to learn the language and integrate into village life, join the village team.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.