North Cyprus Tourist Board - What are the benefits to having your PTP/ Kochan?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > What are the benefits to having your PTP/ Kochan?

What are the benefits to having your PTP/ Kochan?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

li n lee

Message Posted:
06/05/2009 16:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Paying up £'000s to get the above - what are the benefits to us?

Does anyone actually know?

Thx

the butler

Message Posted:
06/05/2009 18:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Hi li n lee,

On a different post you say you are about to get you kochan now you are asking about ptp. These are two completely different things, I agree that you can't get your Kochan without your ptp but getting your ptp should be part of what you paid your advocate when first purchasing your property. It doesn't always follow that you will automatically get your Kochan once you have your ptp. We have had ours for a year and we haven't received our Kochan yet and with the uncertainty at the moment over the Orams, I am not sure I want them.

The butlers wife

Perry

Message Posted:
06/05/2009 19:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

If your builder goes bankrupt, you will become a creditor and whilst the property is still in the builders name (which I assume it is) - it will be treated as an asset by the administrtors. You will then need to join the queue on the list of creditors against the builder's assets. His levels of debt will determine how much of the slice you get back. You really should get the property into your name, trust or whatever as soon as you are able to reduce the risk.

the butler

Message Posted:
06/05/2009 19:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Perry,

Thanks for this advice, unfortunately our developer is dragging his heels on parcelisation, so I think the kochan is a distant dream at the moment. We are also in the position of having a mortgage on our properties, I do believe that this is being paid off, at least we can't prove otherwise. If you have any advice on how we can find out if a mortgage is being paid off monthly, please let me know.

The butlers wife

Brinsley

Message Posted:
06/05/2009 19:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Still waiting for World War Three to start, can't wait! The 'parcelisation' of Apartment deeds can only commence when all outstanding mortgages are payed off in full to the developer and then split with then a 3.5% (drop from 6%) Sales Duty Tax to be payed! It is in your interest to wait as your quarterly 'council tax' bill is exempt until final papers are issued.

Richard

the butler

Message Posted:
06/05/2009 21:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Richard,

I think you are wrong on this one. I have paid both council tax and property tax for 2007 and council tax for

2008. as has all owners on our complex. We have neither been parcelised nor has the hefty mortgage been cleared. We have tried telling this to Esentepe Beledyia but as we are having refuse collections and have street lighting, we have to pay and why shouldn't we?

The butlers wife

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
07/05/2009 13:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

I think the butlers wife is correct. We lived on a complex of 11 houses and had to pay our taxes annually and we didn't have our kocan or ptp.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
07/05/2009 17:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

the butler

The Belediyesi water, street lights, mosquito van, rubbish collection etc is a one monthly bill however, the yearly 'council' tax paid quarterly only kicks in when you have all papers of ownership.

Richard

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.