North Cyprus Tourist Board - Work/jobs required please
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Work/jobs required please

Work/jobs required please

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

sharpey77

Message Posted:
09/05/2009 19:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Myself and my partner are looking for jobs, preferably working with the public, although we are willing to try different avenues. We moved here from the UK a month ago and we both had good careers on the railway ( 6 years myself and my 10 years my partner). We are due to move into central Kyrenia on Friday, so if you are looking for staff, please contact us on missvickylee@hotmail.co.uk .

Regards

Sharpey77

the butler

Message Posted:
10/05/2009 12:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Hi sharpey77,

It is very difficult to work in the TRNC, first you need a work permit and they are extremely difficult to get.

I think your best bet is to try and find a job south of the island and travel every day. I understand that a lot of people do this. In the kind of work you are looking for, I would think you will need to learn the language, do either of you speak greek or turkish? Sorry to sound so pessimistic about your chances of finding work in the north but that is the reality here.

The butlers wife

sharpey77

Message Posted:
10/05/2009 13:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Problem is we dont drive yet! So thats not an option for us. Thanks anyway. We will work doing pretty much anything, just our preference is with the public. We do not speak turkish or greek.

Regards

Sharpey

the butler

Message Posted:
10/05/2009 13:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Hi sharpey77,

Just out of interest, did you do any research before you moved to the TRNC about the need for work permits and the lack of jobs in the north, or did you think it would be like the south with free movement of labour?

The butlers wife

sharpey77

Message Posted:
10/05/2009 17:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Yes thank you we did. But we have friends and relatives living here, and they did say jobs are scarce but not impossible to get.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.