North Cyprus Tourist Board - Anybody prepared to meet up with possible relocaters?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Anybody prepared to meet up with possible relocaters?

Anybody prepared to meet up with possible relocaters?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

pasyfee

Message Posted:
12/05/2009 18:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 24 in Discussion

We are investigating the possibility of relocating and would like to meet up with local GB people to get their unbiased views on living in TNRC. We will be meeting with property developers in the first week and then will want to explore the country ourselves. We will be staying around Kyrenia/Esentepe (with hire car) from 15 to 25 May. We are a fit early retirement couple looking for the warm clime good life. Any takers?

spider

Message Posted:
12/05/2009 18:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 24 in Discussion

Hi pastfee,good luck with things when your over on you visit,and hope things work out for you,i am sorry we wont get a chance to take up your offer to meet,as we at the moment are very busy,we do go into town every Sat,pm.so perhaps on your next visit,sure you will meet lots of nice people,

Regards Spider,x

Mindy

Message Posted:
12/05/2009 19:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 24 in Discussion

Or you could visit the Chateau Lambousa craft market on Saturdays 9.am -1pm lots of stalls run by brits selling allsorts. Food, home made pies, desserts, curries etc. Location Lapta strip. Or Carpenters restaurant hold a craft fayre every Friday in Karaglanalou or Pegasus Restaurant/bar have same on Fridays, lots of brits there, location is next to American car wash just up from Lemar in Karaglanalou.

rtddci

Message Posted:
12/05/2009 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 24 in Discussion

pasyfree

Have you researched this possible relocation with regards North Cyprus? Your comment 'We will be meeting with property developers ...' sends shivers down my spine. Please look at the many threads on this website ( & others) to read about the huge pitfalls and many tales of misery and heartache of those who have also 'had meetings with deveolopers' and bought property. Do not buy off plan in NC. I'll say that again. Do not buy off plan in North Cyprus. Have a look at http://www.hbpg-trnc.net for a start. Then go and meet them (Home Buyers Pressure Group) on the first Tuesday you visit 12 noon Pia Bella hotel. Will be the best couple of hours you've ever spent that may save you thousands of pounds and years of nightmares. Please email me for further info.

Stewart

Message Posted:
12/05/2009 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 24 in Discussion

Hi I travel to and fro, I will be in NC from 14th to 19th my NC number for these dates is 05338455179

Please feel free to contact me anytime...to discuss anything

Good luck

Stewart

negativenick

Message Posted:
12/05/2009 19:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 24 in Discussion

DON'T BUY OFF PLAN !

Only consider a completed house that has been lived in with all the snagging done, mains electric and water connected, and the Kocan in the seller's own name...

Better still rent for 12 months and get a good feel for the island...

Attend Home buyers pressure group and ask lots of questions - get the true meaning of "exchange land".....

wish i'd have been given this advice before i jumped in feet first.

Nick

cronos

Message Posted:
12/05/2009 19:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 24 in Discussion

For some reason I'm hearing the theme from Jaws

jeffers

Message Posted:
12/05/2009 20:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 24 in Discussion

Hi, my wife and I moved here recently and love it. We would be more than happy to meet up with you. You can contact us at jeffers065@yahoo.co.uk . We bought a lovely villa in Catalkoy after having holidayed here for over 6 years. wished we'd bought then ))

jeffers

Message Posted:
12/05/2009 20:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 24 in Discussion

I've just seen the negative comments about buying here. There are pitfalls to avoid of course as there are anywhere in the world - including the Uk. You can buy good property off plan - the important thing is to make sure you buy from a good builder and there are good builders who regularly complete their sites in a timely and satisfactory manner. Unfortunately you only hear from doom and gloom merchants. You never hear from the many many happy and satisfied buyers like me - until now of coure )) I bought off plan and saved thouands but of coure I'd been comming to Cyprus for several years and new plenty of people to talk with about which builders etc. would be best. I have many friends who are completely happy with their new properties.

Interestingly, my wife and I met up with some friends at the ilver Rocks bar at Lapta last night. We met at the bar a couple who had jut moved into their newly built villa near there. The builder had made a mistke in the construction of the villa.

jeffers

Message Posted:
12/05/2009 20:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 24 in Discussion

He put it right at his own expense and in fact they ended up with a larger villa at no extra cost to them.

o - yes - beware of where and from who you buy from but listen to all points of view.

The Pegasus Bar on a Friday morning is a good place to meet ex-pats and the British Residents Society.

Good luck anyway - Jeff

spud1

Message Posted:
12/05/2009 21:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 24 in Discussion

hi pasyfee. if you are around esentepe pop in for a drink we are over there from 17th may for 4 weeks. we are about 2 miles past esentepe the site is 200 meters past bacheli on the left hampshire develepments. its great in north cyprus. regards spud1. roy & christine

japeal

Message Posted:
12/05/2009 21:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 24 in Discussion

Hi pasyfree, been living out near Tatlisu just over a year, be happy to meet up either email us or ring 05338407702

john

cronos

Message Posted:
12/05/2009 21:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 24 in Discussion

Jeffers.....with all due respect the choice of builder is the least of your worries associated with property in NC.

The whole system is biased against foreign buyers.

Estate Agents and advocates do not have a duty of care.

The property laws are archaic and weighted heavily against you.

Permission to purchase.....Esdeger title.....need I go on?

None of these bigger issues are anything to do with being savvy when choosing a builder.

You are at the mercy of an unfair system.

smithy

Message Posted:
12/05/2009 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 24 in Discussion

Hi Jeffers

I have been here nearly 5 years and I love it I relocated from the Uk and would never want to go back, dont forget meet up with me and lots of other forum members on June the 5th at Guido's I live in Girne so you can eithwe follow me, or if you know Alsancak it just opposite the golden lady statue, I have given you my number of the get together topic. Look forward to seeing you both, make up your own mind about the TRNC dont be put off.

Sheila (smithy)

cronos

Message Posted:
12/05/2009 21:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 24 in Discussion

Smithy.....I hope you don't think I was trying to put Jeffers,or anyone else for that matter,off the TRNC.

I think it's a great place.

I was trying to warn them,and others,about the pitfalls of the property system.

smithy

Message Posted:
12/05/2009 22:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 24 in Discussion

Hi cronos

I didnt think for one minute you were putting them off, we have all had our troubles with builders etc but compaired to the UK I will put up with it to live here

Sheila x

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
12/05/2009 22:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 24 in Discussion

pasyfee. Why do you want to leave France?

pasyfee

Message Posted:
14/05/2009 11:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 24 in Discussion

Hi guys, thanks so much for your very interesting comments. We've read some of the forum comments re. deeds before so we are aware that it won't be plain sailing. We love to take up your offers of meeting - we'll be in touch when on site. We will not jump feet first and regret after!!

Wanting to leave France purely for weather reasons - centre of France is not as sunny and warm any more as some 5 years ago. We had up to -16 C last winter!!! Otherwise it is absolutely lovely including the people who all of them are so helpful, friendly, trying to speak English, polite (even teenagers!!). So anybody who finds Cyprus too hot, we can only recommend the Centre of France, because it is still very reasonably priced in comparison to other regions.

Whistler

Message Posted:
14/05/2009 13:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 24 in Discussion

Hi Pasyfree. We have something in common in that before we came here we too lived in France, but in Brittany and we left for basically the same reason - the weather. However, it was the best move we`ve ever made and quite happy to stay here, been here 6 years now and still not fed up. In France it was far too quiet for us, especially in the winter months.Feel free to contact us.

rtddci

Message Posted:
14/05/2009 23:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 24 in Discussion

Don't tell Frank & Joan http://www.frankandjoan.com they are moving to France.

Lilli

Message Posted:
14/05/2009 23:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 24 in Discussion

Please just come and try before you buy. We are a lovely little community that would do anything for each other. We do not live in each others pockets but if ant one of us was in trouble we would lay our lives down. I know I would for all the people whom have answered you.Please come and try for yourself. I can honestly say whilst I had good friends in the uk here they love you for who you are. I love all my friends here and I know I acan rely on them. You will not be disapointed

Sid447

Message Posted:
15/05/2009 10:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 24 in Discussion

If anyone,

is serious about living in another country then you cannot expect to go there with the values and logic that you have been used to. TRNC is a different country and everything is not the same!

There are advantages and dis-advantages to everything you do when changing your life and all you are used to for a different culture and way of life.

If people want to move but can't accept the change then best to stay where you are with what you are used to.

If the attitude is you want to see pubs and clubs and ask. "Where's the local fish and chip shop?"

Maybe a broader outlook on life might need to be considered.

You cannot go to another country using logic that has been "formatted" in one's country of birth.

In any EU/Western country, when immigrants come to live they are usually expected to accept the rules and way of life or culture of that country.

If they don't like it, they have the right to leave.

When in Rome, do as the Romans

kimandneil1

Message Posted:
15/05/2009 16:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 24 in Discussion

hi we are also due to move over to cyprus very soon very nervous as we dont know anyone but also very excited . just the unknown i guess my partner has been there with the army but i have not even been abroad so all new to me

kim

kimandneil1

Message Posted:
15/05/2009 16:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 24 in Discussion

my other half has been there a lot of times and was there for two years . so he knows the area

kim

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.