North Cyprus Tourist Board - Title Deeds . TRNC RESALE
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Title Deeds . TRNC RESALE

Title Deeds . TRNC RESALE

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

trophy

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 07:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

I am interested in a resale villa and when I asked about the title deeds this is the reply I received from the estate agent:

"Once all is paid up on the property the builder will transfer the TRNC freehold Title deeds".

Clearly the current seller hasn't got the deeds or can't convey title.

I would appreciate someone explaining if the title is "safe". The villa is 15 years old and is not part of a complex.

Thanks

fire starter

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 10:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

hi trophy,

the owner should have the title deeds and be willing to give you a copy.

if they are pre 74 turkish or foriegn owned you can go to the lands office in nicosia to check they are telling you the truth.

maybe the owner has only just purchased the villa and doesn't have ptp yet, hence no title deed in their name.

but they still should be able to show you a copy of them even if they are still in the previous owners name.

we purchased a resale/old house and the copy of the deeds were in the previous owners name.

don't pay any money until you see a copy of them and the solicitor has checked them over.

i hope this helps.

fallenangel

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 19:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

There are plenty of resale properties around that do not have problems with their title deeds, if there is no title deed here after 15 years there is something amiss.

When we first came to the island our friends said you don't need to bother with planning permission here, we did not want to go that route and got all our planning permissions, but it may be this property does not have its permissions or was not signed off properly by the authorities so will never get its title deeds.

Go find another property,there are plenty out there - happy house hunting.

trophy

Message Posted:
19/05/2009 00:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Thanks for your advice.

The villa is under £70,000 and it looked too good to be true!

kimosh

Message Posted:
19/05/2009 00:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Hi trophy .... the owner should have the title deed if you do not see them ... then dont hand over any money ... dont belive no one ... it is correct that the deeds can just be transfered into your name ...thats if they have them .... some property was a verbal arrangement with exchanged property from south to northern side of the island doesnt mean they really own this property please be carefull ... good luck

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.