North Cyprus Tourist Board - bringing power showers from UK
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > bringing power showers from UK

bringing power showers from UK

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all Do It Yourself (DIY) threads posted so far

oulton17

Message Posted:
27/05/2009 18:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

i have an apartment in alsancak and the water pressure on both the showers are crap,im thinking of bringing 2 power showers over from GB. could anyone tell me if this would be OK or is there not enough water to build enough pressure,if the power showers would make a big difrance,does anyone know of a good tradsman who could fit them for me.thanks

Dawnie1

Message Posted:
27/05/2009 18:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Whilst I am no plumber, is your system gravity fed do you know? In our house we had the same and so had the system converted from gravity fed(ie just relying on the fall from the tank) to a pressurised system and that has made a huge difference and we now have decent showers.

dozza67

Message Posted:
27/05/2009 18:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Don't you think it better to conserve water in a country that is so in need of it. We actually have a good strong shower but turn it to half so that we can save water. We also run the cold off into a bucket to use instead of flushing the loo later. Every little drop helps!!!

Dawnie1

Message Posted:
27/05/2009 18:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Wouldn't argue with that dozza, but thats not the point, I could not have turned my showers to half beforehand as I would have had no water at all!!!! Noone says saving water is not a priority but the aim to get a decent shower & then save the water.

Geoff1131MK11

Message Posted:
27/05/2009 19:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

oulton17, Dawnie1 is right, if your system will not accommodate a power shower then it's a waste of time getting one. Get someone to look at your system and see what can be done to improve the pressure, far easier and a lot less costly.

karakum5c

Message Posted:
27/05/2009 19:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Go native ! Take a deep breath and inhale that lovely body odour in all its glory, remember your saving the planet as well, shower once a month.

beno12

Message Posted:
27/05/2009 19:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

What I did was to fit a extra pressure pump to my cold water from my earth water tanks ,I have a gravity system.

This way I receave hot water from the tank above & cold with pressure from the earth tanks if for e.g the electric gos off for the pressure pump I turn the cold watertank tank then receave the cold water from the gravity tank above, I also use the pressure pump to water the garden.

This won,t help oulton17 as he being in a apartment but its a way to increase your pressure.

Blackpoolfan

Message Posted:
27/05/2009 19:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

You will be lucky if you have the water pressure to use a power shower in the TRNC............

keefnsal

Message Posted:
28/05/2009 01:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

I haven't got a pressurised water tank system. I fitted a power-shower pump to the hot and cold outlets from my hot and cold header tanks (into the house, ie AFTER the tank headers) and I have 2.5 bar pressure into my house, but not on to my header tanks. It works better than the pressurised system because even in power cuts I still get gravity fed and my tanks are NOT pressurised. I thought of this three years ago and I believe there is a plumber going round now selling B&Q pumps three months ago after seeing a couple of my systems. It's actually common sense when you work it out. The shower pump required costs £250 in the UK, plus nominal plumbing jointing to existing pipework on the separate hot and cold piping.

There's going to be an expert out there to disprove this. I am an (qualified) electrical engineer so why didn't a (qualified) plumber think of this 7 years ago!

Not trying to be clever, honestly!

elko2

Message Posted:
28/05/2009 01:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

I don't understand all this. I have solar heating on the roof but the water pressure from the tank above was not enough to give me a good shower. So I installed Triton brand instant heater with a pump in it. I connected it to the output of the hot/cold mixer. So now I have a good pressure shower with extra heating when required.

Just a word of caution: you must get it installed by a qualified electrician and make sure the earth connection is made properly and also protected by an earth leakage relay tripping at 32 ma. So even if there is an electrical fault it will save your life.

ismet

millzer

Message Posted:
28/05/2009 01:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Our cold water tank for our apartment is below ground, so although in principle it's a gravity fed system as opposed to pressurised, as gravity only works downwards we have a heavy duty pump after the tank feeds from hot and cold tanks and we get very good power showers, not a Triton like Elko's which also heats instantaneously, but just a standard thermostatic shower thats pump fed.

Be aware that for really high output pumps (around 2.5 to 3 bar i think) it's recommended that you have 22 mm pipe as opposed to 15mm

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
28/05/2009 09:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Contact Cyprus Solutions on 0533 836 7094. You may find that your plumbing can be simply overhauled to improve water pressure/flow.

gates

Message Posted:
29/05/2009 18:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

give us a call first as it could be easy rmedied our web site is http://www.braceybuilders.com

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.