North Cyprus Tourist Board - Why are most Internet providers here pretty useless?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Why are most Internet providers here pretty useless?

Why are most Internet providers here pretty useless?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

specialk

Message Posted:
03/06/2009 18:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Well I done a bit of research into this. Now it don't matter what provider u use. We all end up at a single point of failure. Which is a Turkish Telecom server/router/base station with an IP address of 212.174.242. (a random number here between 1 and 255). Open a dos prompt and type in tracert yahoo.com. I bet u will see this number as one of your hops. Unless it's all astarisks/time out. Which means packet loss. Which means slow internet. I checked this out on extend, turkcell 3g and Telsim 3g. All use the same. I'm guessing all the providers are forced/have to use Turkish Telcom to get off the island. The reason why when u phone customer services up to complain (if you get through) they say it's not our fault it's Turkish Telecom. I think that these providers need to all club together and pressure TT into providing them and us with a more reliable single point of failure. This TT server always times out at peak times. Just try it out for yourself

Hector

Message Posted:
03/06/2009 23:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Interesting. Good piece of research. Any light at the end of the tunnel for a decent broadband service at a reasonable price?

karakum5c

Message Posted:
03/06/2009 23:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Hector--- i am glad you understood that, to late at night for me, still cant find that mouse have tried leaving out cheese and chocolate nothing seems to work.

Navek

Message Posted:
03/06/2009 23:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Hi karakum5c,

Wrong bait, leave out chips.........

Micro Chips

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.