North Cyprus Tourist Board - alsancak muhtars any info please
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > alsancak muhtars any info please

alsancak muhtars any info please

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

lulubell

Message Posted:
08/06/2009 09:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 17 in Discussion

hi i wanted to find out after reading a previous thread on the forum some information on the alsancak muhtars, i have recently visited one and found his approach a little unorthodox, i have read that there are 3 muhtars for alsancak, and someone also posted that muhtar number 1 is a little over zealous ( could possibly be the one i had the pleasure of meeting) but that the other 2 are very good. does anyone have a location and or a phone number?

many thanks

natascia

parkview

Message Posted:
08/06/2009 09:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 17 in Discussion

Hi Natascia I take it you are talking about the Muhtar from Lacem, yes unfortunately over zealous is being kind, he makes you feel very uncomfortable. I too would like to know if there is another muhtar that covers Alsancak.

Delia

icona

Message Posted:
08/06/2009 09:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 17 in Discussion

Hi Natascia

I know who you are talking about and yes there are 2 others both really nice gentlemen if you go to the

coffe shop on the corner same side as the post office and ask in there that where he sits uaually early morn sorry don't know his name.

lulubell

Message Posted:
08/06/2009 09:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 17 in Discussion

hi delia

you are spot on i had the pleasure of meeting him and yes felt very very uncomfortable with his approach, can i ask when you visited him did he insist on coming to your home to check you lived there? and also come in , sit and have a chat? lets hope someone can tell us where the other muhtars are as i really do not want to re visit my current one again

lulubell

Message Posted:
08/06/2009 09:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 17 in Discussion

hi message 3

many thanks i know where this coffee shop is i will go and ask for the muhtar, i think its obvious that a few ladies on here have had the same experience which is a shame. but thank goodness there are 2 others.

regards

natascia

parkview

Message Posted:
08/06/2009 09:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 17 in Discussion

Yes, he does come to your home to check you actually live at that address. I have been to him twice now and my residency is up for renewel so need to see him again but would rather find someone else to be honest.

rigsby

Message Posted:
08/06/2009 11:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 17 in Discussion

OK people i will tell you where the other muhtar is.He lives dead opposite the Lacem muhtars house.I had to go to him because Oran was on the sick?? Well thats what he told me.He is a younger bloke and speaks english.very helpfull,he does work so afternoon visits would be best.Has Oran brought his juice factory to anybody yet?

airy____fairy

Message Posted:
08/06/2009 14:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 17 in Discussion

Hi Lulubell.

I think you will find that the muhtar you use depends on where you live. I live in Yeşilova Alsancak - so my Muhtar is Orhan ( you can find him in Atakara supermarket ) But depending on where you live depends who deals with your paperwork - as the stamp they use to officiate documents will say the area it was fromç

Hope this helps

Stubs

Message Posted:
08/06/2009 14:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 17 in Discussion

Whatever you do, do not tell him when you are going to the UK. When he worked in Atakara he used come around with loaves of bread for you then give you a shopping list of things he needed from the UK like a new suit, new shoes, hunting boots a hunting jacket etc.

He used to make my wife feel uncomfortable too and in one instance she told me if he looked at her breasts one more time she was gonna slap him.

Rachel I dont think he is in Atakara anymore as he is in his sons restaurant now at Lacem

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
08/06/2009 15:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 17 in Discussion

Irfan who uses the offices in Atakara Supermarket is the best of the three and has never wanted to see any documentation or proof of where I live. If he is not in the office then some one will usually phone him and he will normally be there within 10 minutes (If he is not out fishing!).

AJ

lulubell

Message Posted:
08/06/2009 19:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 17 in Discussion

hi everyone

thanks for all replies it seems im not the only one that has experienced his very expressive hands on muhtar approach!!!!!

i will go and see the other muhtar mentioned and hopefully will be able to sort this out with no problems.

stubs i would have to agree with your wife he is not very tactfull and makes you feel uncomfortable, well personally anyway, thankfully after he had established who was living at home and what members of my family would be in whilst arriving at my property he was quite pleased with himself and told me i was very lucky this repeated several times.... i wondered whether i should ask him for this weeks lottery numbers as did he know something i did not.....hmm yes i dont think he meant lottery numbers!!!! my saving grace was my very large irate english bulldog lulu who had beed rudely awoken by our arrival to which it seems the muhtar is petrified of dogs... so either find a different muhtar or borrow a friends large dog when you visit him..

rigsby

Message Posted:
08/06/2009 23:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 17 in Discussion

Stubs,you must be flush,we only got asked for Bells,Cadburys and a new shirt !!

Stubs

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 00:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 17 in Discussion

lulubell

I think he must of caught the gist of what she meant as he didnt come back again.

Clive hows things?

It was an anti perspirant we were going to get him ;-)

lulubell

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 06:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 17 in Discussion

message 13 do u think he might suffer from that syndrome where people look in the mirror and see something completely different to what others do? bit like shallow hal except in looks form.... i can find no other explanation for the continous winking and telling me how lucky i was led me to believe that perhaps he did not see himself quite like i did, i think it was the toothless grin and the socks and sandals that really was the most off putting oh and yes defo the anti perspirant...

he obviously thinks he has the gift as he seems to try his over zealous approach with all the ladies...you guys are so lucky....

everon

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 09:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 17 in Discussion

"he is just that sort of guy" he pockets the tips left for the waiters in his restaurant Lacem, when asked why, he said "my overheads are high" tight b-----d !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the waiters over here rely on our tips x

rigsby

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 09:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 17 in Discussion

Lacem belongs to his son.But if you have to see him ie; Orhan it might be best to go to restaurant for his surgery,at least you lady,s will will have other people around you.Stubs i am ok.

whatagayday

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 10:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 17 in Discussion

if its any consolation ladies, he doesnt confine his attention to the fairer sex.

Shane.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.