North Cyprus Tourist Board - Website for contacting members of the House of Lords.They work for you
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Website for contacting members of the House of Lords.They work for you

Website for contacting members of the House of Lords.They work for you

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

mixie

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 15:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

I found this website which allows you to contact members of the House of Lords

http://www.theyworkforyou.com

Hope this works...I'm not too technically advanced!

Mixie

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 15:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Worked for me with my local MP - re the Gurkhas issue, but for some "reason " the N.Ireland Lords represenitives who campaign for "TRNC".. ;)

I guess MPs more accountable ?!

mixie

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 16:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

I'm glad the Gurkhas issue was resolved. They so deserve something from us

M

mixie

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 22:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

I contacted a member of the house of lords today after finding this site and e mailed him about my concerns regarding various issues all to do with Cyprus and you will not believe this but he actually phoned me back!!! Very supportive chap!

Good on you Lord Kilclooney. Now no jokes about whether he looks like George Clooney, I really couldn't tell you.

PS he had a lovely accent.

M

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 23:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Dear Mixie

re msg 4

Funnily enough John Taylor ( Lord Kilclooney) forgot to call me back when I asked him about Cyprus, too ! .....

mixie

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 23:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

mmmmmmm,

Maybe he didn't agree with what you were saying to him. He appeared to be genuine to me.

I suppose we all get a bit complacent with time and feel that no one really cares except ourselves. I was very surprised and impressed that he actually took the time to respond.

Restored my faith a little bit that there are articulate people out there who are well informed and in a position to advocate for what they believe in.

M

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 23:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Mixie,

I simply asked him if "his" house was built on land still owned by a GC..

and

WHY, if he pledged loyalty to the Queen - and therefore respected UK laws - did he claim "his" house was in "TRNC" - without the " " .... especially as this is NOT how HMG refers to it...

Do you think this nice man found the question too "difficult" ?

My Nauny thought he was a "nice man", too !

mixie

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 23:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Respect for the Queen or not,

he is entitled to his opinion about any issue. Did Cherie Blair get dispensation from her husband or the queen before taking her brief for the Orams? Presumably she is still a loyal subject.

She is a very highly paid lawyer, she could have turned this down but something in the situation must have made her think that this was a good case and a case worth pursuing. Believe me unless unscrupuous, lawyers with any integrity will not take a brief they do not believe in.

Who knows what the Queen herself thinks.. the Brits have a very poor history of having values. They are usually driven by interests and Royalty more so than any other group of people

M

Turtle

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 23:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Msg 2 worked for me too on the Gurkha's

I also got a written reply from Mr Bill Cash on parliment headed paper............well impressed

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 00:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Dear Mixie

re msg 8

>>he is entitled to his opinion about any issue<< Funnily enough he didn't express it to me when asked..

I think Cherie may have found out - to her cost - literally - that she didn't made the wisest choice - on this and other property matters... ;)

>>Believe me unless unscrupuous, lawyers with any integrity will not take a brief they do not believe in. <<

Sorry, I DON'T believe you.. and I have direct experience of the law - Criminal - Civil and Family Court matters - family members in the "biz", too .. that is FRANKLY - a daft statement.

I can give you good examples of "briefs" - with a conscience - having to act in a cases where they do not like the client ( be they persons or a company ) or what they stand for.

>>the Brits have a very poor history of having values. They are usually driven by interests and Royalty more so than any other group of people <<

and what basis in fact do you have for THIS contention !?

littlejohn

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 00:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Many Ms - message 7 - this "gentleman" is very clever at avoiding the issue!!!! He is, after all, a politician but I'm always amazed at people being taken in by him. I have had problems with him in the past and, believe me, he is not what he seems - Lord or not!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.