North Cyprus Tourist Board - Looking turkish title villa to buying
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Looking turkish title villa to buying

Looking turkish title villa to buying

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

april

Message Posted:
13/08/2009 12:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 94 in Discussion

I am looking 3 bedroom turkish Title villa Betwen Çatalköy - Alsancak.

Contact with me : info@northshore-estates.com

april

Message Posted:
13/08/2009 15:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 94 in Discussion

What you mean?

girne 29

Message Posted:
13/08/2009 19:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 94 in Discussion

April

There have been may posts on the subject of Turkish title. Without going over how many people have had or not had deeds transferred into their name ,I would along with most on this forum,recommend you hand over no money apart from deposit until you have deeds in your name.

This should also apply to buying any property , no deeds, no buy.

cronos

Message Posted:
13/08/2009 21:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 94 in Discussion

Girne29.....you are right,this is the ideal scenario.

However , in the real world , how many builders,vendors,estate agents will allow you to pay a deposit and then hold the property for you (18 months to 3 years?) until such time as you get your Permission To Purchase?

andre 514

Message Posted:
13/08/2009 21:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 94 in Discussion

it is a sad fact of cyprus life that a lot of misrepresentation goes on:

you may well be told a property was pre-july 1974 turkish-cypriot owned

but this can only relate to about eight per cent of all the property on the island at that time

so it is something to have properly checked, get a good solicitor

as north cyprus increasingly adopts "trnc title" as standard the place to find out for sure

may be south of the green line if you are willing to sally forth

there is the unknowable risk of not being granted purchase permission

for "turkish title" purchases, the people who "know" it's sure to be granted

seem to be those with connections in south cyprus and are hostile to the trnc!

"exchange" title is cheaper,

with any "compensation" deal in the next 100 years its value will rise

...be sure to establish there is no mortgage outstanding on the property, land whatever-

an endemic problem on the island...and take your time

try renting it before buying it

good luck!

girne 29

Message Posted:
13/08/2009 21:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 94 in Discussion

Cronos

Thats correct, we bought under the same conditions.People now though, can look on all our experiences over the years, a luxury we didnt have.

What I say holds,nobody is crazy enough to buy offplan now,with the problems of mortgages , no ptp ,no title deeds and late completions.

April should go into an estate agent and ask for any property with PTP and then tell the estate agent to draw up a contract of sale that includes transfer of title deed prior to handing over full amount. the seller doesnt agree then April can draw her own conclusions and move on to another property.

guinness

Message Posted:
13/08/2009 21:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 94 in Discussion

But she works for an estate agent doesn't she ?

So she must be seeking for a client - yes ?

Or am I missing something ?

guin

Hector

Message Posted:
13/08/2009 22:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 94 in Discussion

And possibly the prospective buyers will have a kimlic card and won't need PTP and presumably don't want 'exchange' title.

cronos

Message Posted:
13/08/2009 22:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 94 in Discussion

girne 29...msg 7

"ask for any property with PTP"

It's not the properties themselves that have PTP.......YOU as a purchaser have to get PTP for yourself as an individual and for a specific property.

cronos

Message Posted:
13/08/2009 22:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 94 in Discussion

Msg 8......good point Guinness.

April.....are you looking for a property for a client?

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
14/08/2009 00:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 94 in Discussion

One of the best and safe construction companys left on the island

http://www.kofaliconstruction.com

Buys the land ,gets the deeds in his name then builds.

cronos

Message Posted:
14/08/2009 00:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 94 in Discussion

That's all well and good Yorgozlu.......but does he then transfer the deeds into the name of the purchasers (presuming they get their PTP ) ?

girne 29

Message Posted:
14/08/2009 03:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 94 in Discussion

Cronos.

I meant that if I was buying now,I would want proof that the PTP had been granted for the property.

Anyway, if you demand title transfer at time of purchase ,that would ensure all was complete and no nasty surprises later on.Its a buyers market so purchaser can demand what we couldnt in the past

I did think April was an estate agent but changed my mind when she asked the meaning of bandwagons message.An estate agent would have known exactly what was meant.

smooth

Message Posted:
14/08/2009 10:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 94 in Discussion

So after all that good advice April, I take it you still have not found a property for your client??

cronos

Message Posted:
14/08/2009 11:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 94 in Discussion

Girne29....msg 14

Yes,but what i was trying to say is that PTP is not granted for a property......it is granted for YOU to buy a particular,specific property.

Therefore,even if the vendor has got their PTP for the property , it doesn't mean that you will.

I agree,it IS a buyer's market,there are bargains to be had and deals to be made....but I doubt if ANY vendor will be willing to take a deposit and then wait years until you get your PTP !

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
14/08/2009 12:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 94 in Discussion

April: By all means buy a pre '74 Turkish Title property - because of the 'Orams Debacle', it's currently safer than so called 'Exchange'.

You may not be granted PTP, therefore no 'Kocan' (Title Deed), but providing you have checked the property is unencumbered (mortgaged), have a sound Sales Contract, pay the Stamp Duty and, most importantly, get the owner to grant you sole *Power of Attorney and make a notarised Will, lodged with the court, all should be OK.

*Essential!

Although not having PTP, you can still sell the property to a Brit/foreigner prepared to buy on the same basis, so you are not restricted to selling only to a Turkish Cypriot. The bonus is that you won't have to pay transfer tax, which, although pre '74 Turkish Title property is more expensive initially, it will owe you almost on par with an 'Ech' property. If possible, it's best to find an established resale, as these are liable to already have electricity, water, landline telephone, etc.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
14/08/2009 12:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 94 in Discussion

Cronos msg 13 - yes he does. A friend of mine is in the process of transferring title on his Kofali property as we speak.

cronos

Message Posted:
14/08/2009 13:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 94 in Discussion

joandjelly......good stuff !

It's always great to hear about the success stories.

girne 29

Message Posted:
14/08/2009 23:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 94 in Discussion

Cronos

I didnt think it would take long for the second PTP to be granted, I thought the initial time was due to land boundaries , parcelling,title of land property being built on etc.

I read somewhere that Turkish Title ptp is done almost immediately as it is internationally recognised

If I was buying now ,I would be happy if the resale owner showed me his PTP and the title deeds.That way I would know it was merely a wait but everything else was above board.

I think anyone buying should stick to that,at the very least.

girne 29

Message Posted:
14/08/2009 23:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 94 in Discussion

messag 20 cont.

Things are changing if the following from an estate agent is to be believed, now dont be cynical.It does seem to suggest you can indeed hold back 90% of the price till PTP granted.

'Normally the purchaser will pay a deposit equal to an agreed percentage of the value of the asset (this is usually 10 percent). In North Cyprus it is necessary for the council of ministers to approve the sale of property to a foreigner. While this procedure is only a formality it could take several months for approval, but once permission is granted the remaining balance is paid and the title deed signed over, a stamp duty payment of 6% of purchase value must be paid (the vendor pays 3%) plus 1% local authority tax. The sale is then complete; although it will be a couple of weeks before the land office issue you with your new title deeds, which again is only a formality.'

Note the 'several months'. Big improvement from' several years' .Must have tightened things up recently.

cronos

Message Posted:
15/08/2009 00:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 94 in Discussion

Girne29....I admire your positive attitude but it would be wrong to mislead potential buyers into believing that your scenarios are the norm.

PTP is done on an individual basis....and the fact that it has been granted once to the vendor of a property is no guarantee that it will be granted to you.

Because I have personal experience , your statement "I read somewhere that Turkish Title ptp is done almost immediately as it is internationally recognised" gave me a wry smile.

We have been waiting 2 and a half years for our PTP on Pre-74 Turkish Title Deeds.

They ARE internationally recognised....but the TRNC government don't seem to recognise that they should grant them to us foreigners !

Where did you pull that quote "from an estate agent" ?

That is almost laughable.

PTP is NOT just a formality , and the "several months" you refer to is normally anything from 18 months to never !

Hector

Message Posted:
15/08/2009 01:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 94 in Discussion

PTP is certainly NOT a mere formality. Having waited over 2 years (nearly 3), I was refused PTP on my newly built apartment on Turkish title land. It is near an army camp (like a lot of other properties) I admit. I was also told that was not a problem.

cronos

Message Posted:
15/08/2009 01:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 94 in Discussion

I'm sorry to hear that Hector but don't muddy the waters by bringing in the proximity to military aspect.

PTP is being witheld irrespective of this.

Happy Hussar

Message Posted:
15/08/2009 08:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 94 in Discussion

It took us five years to get our 2.3 donum, Turkish Title property transferred into our name. PTP took 4 years. We have been waiting for four months now for the Kocan to be issued ( summer hours and short staffed )

We learned along the way that Nothing is a formality, to keep chasing the 'Solicitor' and above all to be patient!!

Tony

girne 29

Message Posted:
15/08/2009 11:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 94 in Discussion

Cronos

Girne29....I admire your positive attitude but it would be wrong to mislead potential buyers into believing that your scenarios are the norm.

Would never encourage .When friends in UK ask ,bargepole and touch are words I use , thats why I am saying 100%, dont buy off plan.

A couple bought in trnc years ago ,based on my love of the place. I feel guilty to this day . They ended up with no property and 10's of thousands out of pocket. I didnt encourage them to buy though .just told them to have a look .

I pulled the quote from Eden Estates,and was being kind of sarcastic when I said things must have improved.

"Couple of months" wait was more like 2& half years for my PTP.and the" couple of weeks"wait for title is now nearly 3 years since ptp granted .5 years on I still dont own what I paid for.

The property industry chose to hide the situation rather than improve it .Big mistake .the internet put paid to that.

cronos

Message Posted:
15/08/2009 12:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 94 in Discussion

Girne29.....Ahhhh ,that explains things a bit better.

Sorry to hear about your personal property misery,and I fully appreciate what you are saying about misplaced recommendations.

Too many people in the early days were recommending their estate agent,solicitor,builder etc etc having only just paid a deposit.....and many other people jumped in and suffered the consequences.

Even IF you do your homework,and are lucky enough to find an honest estate agent,solicitor and builder,this is not the end of it.

You are still at the mercy of a biased and corrupt system which conspires against foreign buyers.

Bradus

Message Posted:
15/08/2009 12:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 94 in Discussion

The question that needs answering is, "Will the many, many problems that purchasers in the TRNC face, ever be sorted"?

A common sense approach would be that the Government, if it wishes to promote the building industry and investment will have to take action to safeguard buyers by introducing new laws and amendments to the property purchase procedure.

It is not just on the forums that purchasers are being advised not to buy, but at property exhibitions and through the media too. The government recently published information advising people not to buy in Cyprus because of the much publicised title deeds fiasco and widespread corruption. Although this information was aimed at the South,the publicity it has generated has caused people to look at what happens in the North also, hence there is more widespread recognition of the many problems associated with buying in the TRNC.

It is in the hands of the Government. They will be forced into a sink or swim position.

Hector

Message Posted:
15/08/2009 14:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 94 in Discussion

cronos

"I'm sorry to hear that Hector but don't muddy the waters by bringing in the proximity to military aspect.

PTP is being witheld irrespective of this. "

I resent your uncalled for comment. ' don't muddy the waters by bringing in the proximity to miltary aspect.' What?

So not a factor then? Best I tell the NC government that and maybe I'll get my PTP after all.

cronos

Message Posted:
15/08/2009 14:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 94 in Discussion

Hector.....I do apologise.

Having re-read my post it unintentionally came across as being insensitive.

I am certainly not trying to diminish your plight.

What I was trying to say was that there are a few people on here who still think that PTP for Turkish Title IS just a formality.....and use the excuse if you haven't had yours that it must be because you are close to a military installation,or you must have a dodgy police record......none of which is true in my case !

Once again I'm sorry if my comments seemed insensitive and I wasn't singling you out for special attention.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
15/08/2009 14:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 94 in Discussion

'PTP is merely a formality!' stated the estate agent.

Two years later, after visiting the appropriate office in Lefosia, we were told that our PTP application for our pre '74 Turkish Title property had been (arbitarily) refused by the military. The man refused to show us the specific paper in the file stating this, and when we politely requested a copy, the answer was 'NO!'

Of course the estate agent knew this, but desperate for his commission, deliberately lied to us.

Why isn't every estate agent issued a map defining (all) these military boundaries?

Another long seving staff member in our estate agent's office later mocked us: 'You should have known!' he laughed in our faces.

Hosgeldiniz Kibris!

cronos

Message Posted:
15/08/2009 15:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 94 in Discussion

The problem is , in theory , the WHOLE of NC could be considered a strategic military installation for Turkey !

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
15/08/2009 15:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 94 in Discussion

Sorry - typo - 'serving'.

Aussie

Message Posted:
15/08/2009 15:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 94 in Discussion

I would guess that Turkish title properties tended to be clustered in TC only villages that were probably the first places to get military bases nearby building on TMT installations / outposts etc. Some were there before 1974 as part of the allowed Turkish military contingent.

Perhaps this partially explains the greater number of PTP refusals for Turkish Title properties but of course can't account for all of them.

Aussie

Bradus

Message Posted:
15/08/2009 16:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 94 in Discussion

The refusal of PTP is just as common in exchange properties, if they are near to military bases. Thankfully purchasers are more aware of this and can look round the area, Google and ask the locals before entering into any agreement. It would be nice if estate agents were honest enough to inform buyers but we all know that that is not going to happen.

Having established that PTP is not being granted on pre 74 Turkish Title deeds, that do not fall foul of the military location rule, has anyone got any insight as to why this particular deed is being refused?

Hector

Message Posted:
15/08/2009 19:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 94 in Discussion

cronos

Thank you.

Tenakoutou

Exactly my situation.

This refusal re military installation is totally unacceptable & undefendable. If the base is so sensitive, how come I can still live in or simply rent such a property? As Bradus said, one can look on Google to see if property is near an army base. Do they really still think that enemy spies actually visit these installations? It's just a way of stopping foreigners buying property on Turkish land.

Bradus

Message Posted:
15/08/2009 20:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 94 in Discussion

I agree Hecto, it makes no sense at all. Certainly is nothing to do with security.

Tenakoutou sorry to hear of your experience. Unfortunately estate agents continue to do their best to flog property within a few yards of military bases. Remax took us to view a property in Girne. We pulled up outside the property and immediately spotted a military base with its red signs all over the perimeter walls directly across the road from the property. When we said we didn't even want to view it because of the problem of getting PTP he said he understood. So why did he take us there in the first place? Had the TC hotelier not told us about this ruling we might also have been a victim.

We therefore went for a property no where near a military base and are now simply being kept in limbo. So does the reason really matter? Nobody is going to get ptp if its pre 74 Turkish Title deeds.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
15/08/2009 21:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 94 in Discussion

Bradus/Hector:

I've been reliably informed by someone (estate agent) who claims to have regular liason with top government people that after the Annan Plan fiasco, the government decided not to give PTP/Kocan to foreigners buying pre '74 TT. However this has been kept secret and never officially announced, except that, of course, all the estate agents and many others know. The reason, apparently, is that they were worried that if foreigners bought all TT land & property, there'd be none left for TC's. Also, they thought that GC's might use foreigners to buy TC title properties on their behalf - the ramifications, which, of course, are obvious.

Bradus

Message Posted:
15/08/2009 22:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 94 in Discussion

So why can't they solve their concerns by offering 99 year leases instead? I am sure most people would agree to this as a compromise? But no.......lets continue to take the money and just pretend to sell.

Your reasons sound plausible Tenakoutou. How do we stand with no PTP OR Deeds? Any ideas as to how this can be got round?

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
16/08/2009 09:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 94 in Discussion

My sales contract states that I bought a freehold property with no encumberances, so PTP refusal is not only

against the TRNC constitution, it is blatant fraud. HBPG had a letter prepared, for people in our situation, demanding either PTP/Kocan, or compensation. At the time this letter was to be submitted to the CTP, it was election time and, of course, UBP came to power. I have not been to an HBPG meeting recently; I must go to hear their latest proposal on this issue. HBPG meetings are held every Tuesday @ Pia Bella Hotel - 1200 - 1500Hrs.

As for 99 year lease proposals by CTP - this doesn't affect my situation in the slightest. I bought a freehold property, in good faith, and have simply been cheated.

While the TRNC administration continues to allow all these irregularities (read scams!) to continue, I despair for the future of what could be a wonderful place.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
16/08/2009 23:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 94 in Discussion

The UBP government urgently needs to sit up and take notice as to what is going on as regards the property market with all its contentious issues. Otherwise, it won't be just pilots striking that will cripple the economy because of a few less tourists - the major contributor to the short and long term economy can only be the construction industry. What else has the TRNC to rely on?

Hector

Message Posted:
16/08/2009 23:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 94 in Discussion

Tenakoutou

Totally agree!

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
17/08/2009 09:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 94 in Discussion

In RoC, it has been revealed that the government plan to do nothing about the encumbrance of thousands of properties, as it would expose the banks to multi-millions of debt, possibly leading to the collapse of the construction industry. Therefore there is no answer to the title deeds debacle for the forseeable future.

Spain has been denied several millions in EU aid because of property scams. And why? Because people petitioned Bruxelles, en masse.

Inevitably, the same will happen to RoC - and not before time.

As for TRNC - who has any ideas?

How long can any vehicle keep running on 'Empty'?

april

Message Posted:
17/08/2009 13:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 94 in Discussion

Hey ,

I want for my customer they want Turkish Title becouse Bank Credi not Orams Case. We are the Developer and we bought 3 Exchange land after the Orams Case

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
17/08/2009 14:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 94 in Discussion

April: Is your customer a Turkish Cypriot, or foreigner?

Did you buy your three parcels of 'Exchange' land with money borrowed from a bank, or money-lender, because you hold the Title Deeds on a property, or properties, that a foreigner, or foreigners have a Sales Contract for and have paid full price for?

I am sure anyone following the subject of this thread would like to know, and appreciate an honest answer!

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
17/08/2009 15:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 94 in Discussion

Hi April - I'm looking forward to viewing your answer to the above posting.

Is your customer interested in a 4 bedroom pre '74 TT property?

april

Message Posted:
18/08/2009 10:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 94 in Discussion

Hi Tenakoutou,

Yes they are interesting . Where is the villa, there is a any pool or not, How much is that?

Regards

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
18/08/2009 13:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 94 in Discussion

april: Is your client TC???

april

Message Posted:
18/08/2009 18:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 94 in Discussion

They are TRNC

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
18/08/2009 18:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 94 in Discussion

April: You are an estate agent, or work for one?

BigBen

Message Posted:
21/08/2009 21:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 94 in Discussion

April,

We have Turkish Titeled Flats ready to move in, or off plans.

We also have several Turkish titled building plots, 1 to 2 donums. We can design and build to clients specifications.

For more info mail gultekin.ben@superonline.com or call 0542 850 8466

Hector

Message Posted:
21/08/2009 22:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 94 in Discussion

With guaranteed PTP?

Bradus

Message Posted:
22/08/2009 00:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 94 in Discussion

No such thing as guaranteed PTP for foreign purchasers, certainly there is no guarantee if its pre 74 Turkish Title.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
22/08/2009 09:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 94 in Discussion

If, since 2006, anyone has been granted PTP for pre '74 TT, there is a vital question to be answered: i.e., is the Kocan genuine?

Allegedly, there are many forged Kocans. The only way to resolve the issue is to go to the Land Registry in Nicosia (RoC), and find out.

Of course, in doing so, and carrying the documentation with you, you are a 'sitting duck', and could easily result in your arrest if your property is, in fact, not genuine pre '74 Turkish Title!

The British High Commission will not be willing, or able to help you!

bootneck

Message Posted:
22/08/2009 12:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 94 in Discussion

Hi April

I have two properties in Havana park, Edremit good price, both communal pool access plus room to build private pool. email me neil@homesabroadcyprus.com or call 0533 834 8523

Neil

Bradus

Message Posted:
22/08/2009 13:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 94 in Discussion

April,

Are you a honest estate agent? Do you inform your buyers that foreigners cannot get PTP on pre 74 Turkish Title?

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
22/08/2009 18:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 94 in Discussion

Not even a Turkish mainlander can get PTP/Kocan on pre '74 Turkish Title - I know - my neighbour is 'in the same boat' as we are.

My suggestion would be that, in any sales contract, the estate agent should sign a clause guaranteeing a full refund of the purchase price + £10,000-00 compensation penalty in the event PTP is not granted.

We would all then soon see how much TT would be sold to foreigners!

Whichever way the administration try to explain it away - deceit is deceit and fraud is fraud.

Bradus

Message Posted:
22/08/2009 18:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 94 in Discussion

A good idea but are the contracts worth the paper they are written on? Experience is beginning to show that you can ask for anything to be put in a contract but whether or not it is enforceable is another matter. We have already seen penalty payments ignored by most, mortgages being taken out despite those famous words "free from any impediment or encumbrances"

Perhaps the one that is certainly not adhered to for many is "to complete the property"

A quick glance at my contract states:

should the PTP be refused or at their discretion, the purchasers may nominate any other party to take title of the property.

I am at a loss as to who that could be!

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
22/08/2009 18:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 94 in Discussion

That's pretty obvious, Bradus - your advocate will urge you to place your property in his Trust company for security - er, your's or his???!!!

The tax implications of such a move are mind boggling - I won't even to bother to elaborate!

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
22/08/2009 19:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 94 in Discussion

I omitted to add the word 'risk' - er, sorry!

fire starter

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 00:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 94 in Discussion

if you want to believe that ptp are not being given on pre 74 turkish title , thats your choice.

but i know different , i know your wrong, its gossip and you choose what you want to believe.

not gossip , fact is nothing wrong with pre 74 turkish title or any problems with getting ptp on it, if you want to follow the sheep thats your choice.

but i will stand up for whats right and i have confirmation that there is no problem with it.

Bradus

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 01:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 94 in Discussion

Then please feel free to share the "confirmation" with about 200 purchasers on this forum alone.

Better still go along to the Pia Bella and the HBPG meeting this Tuesday and share it there. Perhaps with all your influences you could get a government official to come along and guarantee it too?

cronos

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 10:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 94 in Discussion

Firestarter....msg 61

Once again you belittle and try to make light of those of us who bought Pre-74 Turkish Title Deeds,and have now been waiting years for our PTP.

We all know that Cyprus is a rumour mill,but this is more than a rumour and has been the subject of several articles and comments on here.

I've asked you before to give me examples of foreigners,with no TC connections,who have been granted PTP on Pre-74 IN THE PAST 6 MONTHS......you have not done this , because I believe there are none !

Don't bother telling me about people who got theirs 2,3,or 4 years ago.....that is an irrelevance....the goalposts have been moved.

Instead of being vague and cryptic,and offering false hope with your comment "and i have confirmation that there is no problem with it. ",please be kind enough to do as Bradus says.....name your sources,and show us documentary evidence.

Thankyou.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 10:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 94 in Discussion

Hear, hear, Bradus & Cronos!

Er, how come couples of pensionable age are a threat to military security when they came here for a peaceful life to retire and pursue their quiet hobbies, reading, gardening, etc?

fire starter

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 10:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 94 in Discussion

cronos,

i have given you an example if you don't believe me then that is up to you. you are welcome anytime to my house and you can see my hubby's passport!

you can all go around saying and believing what ever you want thats your choice.

i have offered to help you, you didn't take me up on that offer.

i don't have to name anyone as my source, i don't need to give you any evidence, to be honest you are all making yourself look very stupid. i have had my info from the horse's mouth thats all i will say.

why not go down to the ptp office and ask them.?

yet again i try and help you and what do i get in return? yeah i won't bother next time, anything i do find out i will sit and laugh to myself.

good luck on the ptp.

cronos

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 11:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 94 in Discussion

Firestarter....that is all hot air and bluster.

You've said a lot without really saying anything !

Without naming a source or showing evidence then you can say what you like....it doesn't help people !

Name the horse whose mouth has reassured you.

You seem upset that I didn't take you up on your offer to help?

With all due respect I shouldn't need your help.

If the only way to get my PTP is to get you to have a word with a friend of a friend of the cousin of whoever,then it shows how rotten the system is and it is not a path I want to follow thankyou.

If and when I get my PTP I will openly come on this forum to advertise the fact that I was wrong.

But it's never going to happen.....is it ?

Bradus

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 11:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 94 in Discussion

As usual Firestarter has said nothing of substance but simply asks us all to take her word. Well I took her word and others, more than 3 years ago and chose not to listen to the rumour mill and look where it got me!

I am at a loss as to what her motives are for denying this. I personally would not want it on my conscience that I was recommending purchasers to buy this property and contributing to their financial losses.

State your evidence so that people can make an informed opinion as to its accuracy or refrain from making empty promises.

It is interesting that with all the government officials, advocates and estate agents that view this site, not one has come forward to categorically confirm or deny this problem.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 16:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 94 in Discussion

That's because they all know, full well, that no PTP for pre '74 Turkish Title is 'set in stone'.

'PTP is just a formality!' stated the estate agent - later his 'sidekick' mockingly laughed in my face, saying: 'You should have known - ha, ha!'

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 18:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 94 in Discussion

A lady from Paphos parked her GC regd car outside Unwin's Estates - when she got back to Paphos, the GC police swooped on her and gave her a really hard time, trying to find out whether she was trying to buy, or had bought property in TRNC, and where - she was then 70 years of age. As this is a public forum, it's better not to say how she described she was spoken to - suffice it to say it was 'heart attack material' for an elderly, respectable lady.

So, the GC's have 'perhaps' compiled a dossier of expat buyers of formerly GC owned land. Could this affect such people who cross over for a shopping trip, or arrive at Paphos or Larnaca airports; could they be detained....???

Apologies for this posting being slightly 'off thread'. But, surely it is all part of the whole scenario, as pertains to TRNC?

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
26/08/2009 18:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 94 in Discussion

Msg 66/Bradus just posed a vital question - yes, why no response from any estate agent or government representative?

Firestarter: back up or pack up your drivel, will you?

Hector

Message Posted:
26/08/2009 18:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 94 in Discussion

In the UK & other democratic countries, one can ask your MP or other political elected representative to answer questions such as these re government policies, laws etc. Why not in the TRNC?

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
27/08/2009 10:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 94 in Discussion

Hear, hear, Hector!

If HBPG are ignored, what chance for us mere plebs to elicit some answers to vital questions from the government?

cronos

Message Posted:
27/08/2009 11:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 94 in Discussion

The HPBG do a fantastic job,but I fear that they are forced to reign themselves in,and adopt a more softly softly approach than they would perhaps like,to avoid being put on the next flight out of Ercan !

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
28/08/2009 10:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 94 in Discussion

One wonders if the Turkish administration is aware of HBPG's sterling efforts on behalf of the very (cheated)people who are buoying up the TRNC 'economy' by their very presence.

If they are, isn't it time they issued the government with some firm directives?

Since, hitherto, nothing appears to have been done - one can only assume that they couldn't care less!

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
29/08/2009 11:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 94 in Discussion

But....'Firestarter' claims to have the connections that should solve all our problems re pre '74 TT PTP refusal.

'i have offered to help you, you didn't take me up on that offer.'

What 'offer' is that, 'FS' - to look at hubby's passport?

Please come to the HBPG meeting at the Pia Bella Hotel and enlighten everybody - but you won't, we know that!

cronos

Message Posted:
29/08/2009 14:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 94 in Discussion

April.....do you have any TC or English TC clients on your books who are specifically waiting for Pre-74 Turkish Title Deed property ?

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
29/08/2009 19:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 94 in Discussion

Or, indeed, does any agent have (well heeled) genuine clients looking for genuine pre '74 TT property?

Bradus

Message Posted:
29/08/2009 19:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 94 in Discussion

Or does anyone know of any magazines where one could place property adverts aimed at the TC or British TC housing market?

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
30/08/2009 14:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 94 in Discussion

The lack of response from estate agents can only mean that none have any TC's wishing to buy pre '74 Turkish Title property....

pilgrim

Message Posted:
30/08/2009 15:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 79 of 94 in Discussion

Hi Sue, try Londra Gazette

regards

Paul

Bradus

Message Posted:
30/08/2009 20:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 80 of 94 in Discussion

Thanks Paul

Nice to see you posting again.

april

Message Posted:
31/08/2009 15:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 81 of 94 in Discussion

hi ,

I have many customer to they want to buying villa .. if any one have any villa between çatalköy and alsancak send me details info@northshore-estates.com

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
31/08/2009 15:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 82 of 94 in Discussion

Do you mean pre '74 Turkish Title, April???

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
01/09/2009 09:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 83 of 94 in Discussion

What nationality are your customers, April?

Have you any wealthy TC's looking for pre '74 GENUINE Turkish Title?

april

Message Posted:
01/09/2009 12:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 84 of 94 in Discussion

yes i mean pre '74 Turkish Title,

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
01/09/2009 12:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 85 of 94 in Discussion

Can I contact you by email at northshore estates - do you work for them?

Bradus

Message Posted:
01/09/2009 20:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 86 of 94 in Discussion

Tenakoutou

Can you email me as I have some information regarding pre 74 Turkish Title deeds.

Thanks

Bradus.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
01/09/2009 23:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 87 of 94 in Discussion

Quite right, Kingbast - we didn't buy leasehold land, we bought freehold; and in good faith. If we were to be denied PTP, then someone in authority, such as the Notary, should have warned us. But we weren't warned - simply duped!

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
02/09/2009 18:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 88 of 94 in Discussion

Thanks Kingbast - I agree with all your comments!

Since I have excellent Turkish neighbours who corroborate what you say, I'd say we have no worries!

Actually, our TC Vendor owned most of the land around and there's no disputing its pre '74 Turkish Title authenticity, which is very reassuring.

Hector

Message Posted:
02/09/2009 22:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 89 of 94 in Discussion

What happens though where a house or apartments have been newly built on pre 74 Turkish title land? Can they still be registered and in the South? Even if they are, what legal protection (yes I know a laughable notion for NC) does that give?

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
03/09/2009 07:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 90 of 94 in Discussion

Re Msg 89:

If one were to take the Kocan to the South Nicosia Land Registry Office, one wonders: Would the two codastroal maps (TRNC and RoC) of the said pre '74 Turkish Title land match in detail?

Hypothetically, if someone had bought a house or apartment on pre '74 Turkish Title land and was refused PTP, then managed to register his property in RoC, although RoC has no jurisdiction over TRNC, presumably one could initiate litigation by sueing an administrative official of Turkey, or the TRNC, in an RoC court - and, subsequently, ECHR.

However, such action possibly might render such a person 'persona non grata' by TRNC Immigration, and our fictitious person would then be deprived of the use of the said property, which would lead to further litigation.

The above imaginary scenario does pose one interesting question: since this is a matter of 'Human Rights', whereof the Plaintiff is clearly being denied - would the EU/UN provide the funding for legal aid in such a case?

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
05/09/2009 20:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 91 of 94 in Discussion

Similarly, who provided the funding for Loizidou, or the Orams - themselves?

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
05/09/2009 22:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 92 of 94 in Discussion

Well, Bonio, I think the administrators/moderators have been very fair to let this thread get to 'HOT' - I, for one, respect them for that!

Tiggy

Message Posted:
07/09/2009

Join or Login to Reply
Message 93 of 94 in Discussion

"Bonio" you old dog.....or should I say same olde "Pike"

Howz it going? ....long time no contact.......RU still sniffin dog ends!

KK missing you as well.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
11/09/2009 10:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 94 of 94 in Discussion

April: there are questions you have not answered - please do!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.