North Cyprus Tourist Board - "Stones of Famagusta": new website
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > "Stones of Famagusta": new website

"Stones of Famagusta": new website

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Famagusta town North Cyprus

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
03/09/2009 11:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

New website of "Stones of Famagusta, the story of a forgotten city": http://www.stonesoffamagusta.com/

Just click on the 'Skip Intro' to get to the image galleries and other pages in the website.

Beautiful pictures in a very interesting film (completed January, 2008), produced by Allan Langdale, Dan Frodsham, and Sanem Sahin.

Many facts you possibly didn't know about Famagusta, once the most famous and richest city around the Mediterranean!

Maz

Message Posted:
04/09/2009 00:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Thanks for that. Good to see some fab phbotos again. And I guess some of this info may come into your next talk?????? I think it is about time we all saw the film again, if only to hear that haunting Faure's Requiem music to remind us of the death of so much history.

Thanks for drawing attention - I am going to tell my friends around the world to take a look.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
04/09/2009 09:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

RE msg 2, MarieB: (...) And I guess some of this info may come into your next talk?????? (...)

=> Definitely, MarieB! I'll do a lecture about the "Ottoman Conquest of Cyprus (2) - the Fall of Famagusta" (the start of three hundred years of Ottoman Turk rule in the island) on Oct. 1, "Chateâu Lambousa", Lapta.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.