North Cyprus Tourist Board - final question - which port in Turkey?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > final question - which port in Turkey?

final question - which port in Turkey?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cyprus History

li n lee

Message Posted:
19/04/2008 00:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Can anyone assist?

Is there only one place in Turkey to cross to Kyrenia by car - the night 7hr or so night ferry once a day? leaves around midnight. What is this port called? Travelling into Turkey from Europe on the drive. Do you have to advance book or can you just turn up? What documentation do we need to cross over with the car into Kyrenia? customs etc?

thanks all in advance

ukturk

Message Posted:
19/04/2008 01:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

hi lee

did you not belive me when i said you can only go from tasucu to girne with a car!!!!

there is only one crossing every day leaving at 24:00 and the crossing does not take 7 hours it takes between 4-5 hours depending on the sea, you have to check in 2 hours before it departs, it is best you book in advance so you avoid disapointment but you can risk it by just turning up, you will have to arrive there no later than 19:00 with your car to go thru turkish customs all you will need is your passport and all your car documents departure port tax is payable to customs which cost 7 euros per person, the port name is seka port in tasucu it has 6 berths for departures and arrivals the nearest airport is adana which is 168km away and is very close to the town of mersin

i have included a link for the inquiry and reseration form

http://ferries-turkey.com/cyprus/cyprus-inquiryform-ferry-en.html

HOPEFULLY (please god!!! LOL) this has answered all your questions

warm regards

ukturk

li n lee

Message Posted:
19/04/2008 02:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

this is lisa ... lee out on the boy blues night out on the pop... sorry to be repetitive ukturk..got ya... thx... see ya in June hopefully. x

Milou

Message Posted:
19/04/2008 18:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Hı Superhero

HOw are you? Alsö the ferry ıs supposed to leave at 24.00 hours but ın fact ıs normally delayed by up to four hours and yes ıt does take longer - we left at 4.00 am and arrıved ın Gırne at 1.00 pm.

regards

ukturk

Message Posted:
19/04/2008 20:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

hi moira

im very well thank you,long time no hear i hope everything went well for you and you have settled down, now you can chill and enjoy your retirement!!!!

i think it really depends on the sea conditions because i know people who have done this journey and some say it took 5 hours some say 6 and some say 7 so i think its more hit and miss

take care and speak to you soon

warm regards

ukturk

li n lee

Message Posted:
20/04/2008 14:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

cant believe she posted this one..... bloody typical needs to get a second opinion all the while apologies ukturk i believed you..

I have one night out and find that lisa is writing posts making me look a muppet

ukturk

Message Posted:
20/04/2008 14:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

hi lee

thats ok mate, yeah typical all the same they have to be reassured all the time never mind!!!! as long as her mind is at ease now!!!!

regards

ukturk

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.