North Cyprus Tourist Board - PERMISSION TO BUY PROPERTY in TRNC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > PERMISSION TO BUY PROPERTY in TRNC

PERMISSION TO BUY PROPERTY in TRNC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

AlexF065

Message Posted:
15/09/2009 09:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Well I could not believe the reply !! what a rip off !!!

First you have to start to buy a named property (oh yeah right i have just paddled up the river!! NOT)

Then Once you sign a contract and pay the government TAX you can apply for permission to purchase (which can be refused for all sorts of weird and wonderful reasons.

I sent an email to a advocate in Nicosia who works within the TRNC side of the island.

I am Gobsmacked so the TRNC government expect people who wish to buy to enter into an irrevocable contract and pay tax on the property even though they can refuse you permission to buy as i was led to understand there is no set criteria they may feel you do not have enough funds to support yourself but there is not a laid down amount you have to have and any sort of criminal record forget it

They told me the advocates that due to my Arthritis I may have to think hard as the tablets i have to take would be expencive and i would not get health insurance

AlexF065

Message Posted:
15/09/2009 10:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

cont:-

due to the fact the condition is pre existing and the cost of my drugs may mean even though in time I would have a decent pension at the moment I have a small pension and do work they could deem that i have insufficient funds, and that I might as well forget getting a work permit although if I could get a job in the south that would be fine

But no getting around the fact you have to name a property you are going to be buying first

talk about cart before the horse I find it quite unbelievable

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
15/09/2009 10:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Welcome to Cyprus.

Stubs

Message Posted:
15/09/2009 10:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Hosgeldiniz Kibris ;-)

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
15/09/2009 10:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Allow me to correct you Stubs,

Kibris'a Hosgeldiniz

AlexF065

Message Posted:
15/09/2009 10:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Thanks Yorgozlu

I honestly am at a loss and can't fathom if the TRNC want inward investment or not?

From the very little i have managed to find out it seems they want it all one way which is just not fair

I think that the PRP should have a time limet on it say 3 yrs you say ok I want to buy in Girne so you get permission to buy in that area for 3 yrs after which time you have to renew if say you have not managed to be suited or at any time you can get it altered to famagusta for example if you see somthing which suits in that area

Either that or you dont have a contract ect untill you get the PRP which can take a minimum of 18 months FFS!!

The property developers would soon get the time scale changed it really shouldn't take any longer than 6 weeks maximum

If they want police checks ect that is fine by me and i can even give them a copy of my last CRB check which i have to have due to the nature of my job.

There really does need to be laid down rules and ground for refusal

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.