North Cyprus Tourist Board - Can you renew your residency at Lefkosa Police Station?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Can you renew your residency at Lefkosa Police Station?

Can you renew your residency at Lefkosa Police Station?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about North Nicosia Cyprus

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

ozankoys

Message Posted:
07/10/2009 16:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Hi with all the publicity re terrible queues at Girne we are dreading going to renew our residency. Is it possible to go to Lefkosa to do it & if so are the queues better?

Mindy

Message Posted:
07/10/2009 20:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

As I understand it you go to Girne Police station Immigration to renew with all your paper work then go to Lefkosia 3 to 4 weeks later for collection.

smithy

Message Posted:
07/10/2009 20:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Did mine on Monday at Girne Police Station, was there at 7am guy came out with the tickets at 8.15am its fine if you dont let all the locals push in front of you I got number 11 so it wasnt too bad, just beware when he comes out with the tickets you stay in the line otherwise they just grab them, I was back home by 10am

I asked how many weeks before I go to Lefkosa he said 2 but will leave it 3 then get the girls in the driving school to go there to pick paperwork up for me it will be worth 60ytl otherwise there will be a punch up if I am shoved around any more

What is Turkish for ** get in line or form a queue **

sheila

ozankoys

Message Posted:
08/10/2009 08:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Hi yes but do they have Immigration Dept at Lefkosa where you can go to make the renewal application? Collecting it when it is processed is a different issue as you do not go to Police. Surely foreigners must live round Lefkosa as well & they have an Immigration Dept the Police Station there is 4 times size of Girne one.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.