North Cyprus Tourist Board - Crossing point insurance timing please help
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Crossing point insurance timing please help

Crossing point insurance timing please help

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cyprus Border Crossings

» See All Threads on Cyprus Border Crossings

» See North Cyprus Insurance Related Threads posted so far

» Read Information about North Cyprus Property Insurance

Clarissa2

Message Posted:
20/10/2009 21:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Yes I know this is an old chestnut but times change and so do opinions unfortunately.

I wish to hire a car from the south at Christmas to have a look at the south too later-on during the stay. But the flight gets into Larnaca at 21.15. One car hire company tells me that insurance offices can be open until midnight, but I think that may only be Metehan and I would rather go via Pyla or Famagusta as we are heading for the east coast. But the GC companies are not too bothered with their accuracy on this, perhaps understandably. And now we have the additional requirement of a computer printed insurance doc only.

So does anyone know the current winter opening times for insurance at the various (3?) crossings please? TIA

Clarissa2

PS, See M6 – I didn’t mention the letter between ‘A’ and ‘C’ word once

bachelibelly

Message Posted:
21/10/2009 00:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Insurance at PYLA available from a house in between the G/C and T/C checkpoints ( on your left from LCA ) , for cover north or T/C car in the south , have used at 10 .30 on a sunday evening but dont think its open all hours, friendly people though and they are working from home and it is computor generated,regds

Clarissa2

Message Posted:
21/10/2009 20:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Thanks for your help.

I am sure that with the late flight it will be towards 11.00 before getting to the crossing. One thing I have noticed though, I read a recommendation for ”Your Way” car hire who have provided insurance at the pick-up. They have now written this to me:

“Kindly note that we do allow our clients to cross over to the Turkish Occupied Areas and we can arrange for you through Islek Insurance Company Full comprehensive Insurance Cover with an excess of EURO 300.00 at the additional cost of EURO 45 for the one month period for an ordinary saloon vehicle. Our suppliers office (PETSAS CAR RENTALS) at Larnaca Airport is open 24hrs 7 days a week so there is no problem any time you arrive for the car pick up and also to travel straight a way to your destination since crossing points are open 24 hours and apart from the insurance cover note only a simple form needs to be completed…”

This would appear to solve the late arrival problem, so does anyone else have experien

Clarissa2

Message Posted:
21/10/2009 20:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Whoops !

This would appear to solve the late arrival problem, so does anyone else have experience of using them please?

Thanks

Clarissa2

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.