North Cyprus Tourist Board - Migrants looking to work in the TRNC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Migrants looking to work in the TRNC

Migrants looking to work in the TRNC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Aslan

Message Posted:
14/11/2009 11:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

It's important that young migrants that come to the TRNC to work realise that the opporunities of employment are rare and that the majority of expat jobs a filled by retired foreigners that do not neccessarily need the money but need to do something other than get pissed every day. If you are aged between 18 - 45 highly qualified and experienced in your field of work you will not be guarenteed a position. Unlike the UK where you would be competing for a job with other suitably qualified candidates.

Sorry just thought I would get that off my chest!

decanddyl

Message Posted:
14/11/2009 23:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Aslan

not everybody drinks so do not tar all foreigners (expats) with the same brush.

nurseawful

Message Posted:
15/11/2009 08:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Aslan,

The other thing you forget is that a lot of us work for nothing over here and not just with the ex-pat community but with the Cypriot community as well. And yes we could do with the money not all ex-pats are rich, but know that there is little or no chance of us getting a job in our given fields.

Chris

Lazy days

Message Posted:
15/11/2009 08:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Dont want to be too controversial but if peeps aren't "rich enough" to sustain thereselves here without working why oh why did they come in the first place, and I know there is exceptions to every rule,

Yes I know that you and Terry and lots of others do good voluntary work and its much appreciated

its the others that I am getting at, the get rich quick brigade who came out here "winging it" where its all fell apart for them for those I have no sympathy

nurseawful

Message Posted:
15/11/2009 08:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Lazy Days,

We have been here for 5 years now and the cost of living has more than doubled so if the 'rich quick brigade have winged it' it is probably because the cost of living rose quicker than their pensions.

None of us know others circumstances so may be kinder not to judge if we have no knowledge!

smithy

Message Posted:
15/11/2009 09:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Lazy Days

I am leaving and going back, not because of the cost of living but want my family around me, so we are not all winging, there are lots of reasons

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.