North Cyprus Tourist Board - whats the average cost for food per head per week (home consumption)
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > whats the average cost for food per head per week (home consumption)

whats the average cost for food per head per week (home consumption)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Restaurant threads posted so far

» Read about Additional Costs in North Cyprus

basheer

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 12:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

would you say £50 per person per week is enough from supermarkets to live in north Cyprus

don't include booze and cigs I am trying to build up an idea of cost

trying to work out what eating IN averages out

thanks

griffin9870

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 12:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

More than enough, when we are out there we spend about £25 per week per head. Although I do not buy my veg from the supermarkets but from the veg stalls on the side of the road, as they seem to give the best value for money especially if you become a regular and they get to know you. It really does depend on what you buy from the supermarkets, if you buy all the british stuff then yes it does become expensive, we try to buy local produce which I think is just as lovely and much cheaper. Hope this helps.

nurseawful

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 12:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Yes I would say £50 per week more than enough if you eat in all the time. I buy meat from the butchers and veg from Dol Maci (spelling) in Alsancak. I make things from scratch now something I never did in the UK!, no more jars and packets. For £50 per week per person you could probably go out for Sunday lunch as well.

Chris

smithy

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 17:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Yes I would agree with Nurseawful

I buy fruit and veg from the Wednesday market, and dont look at packages in the Supermarket Iceland make etc you pay well over the top when the local items are just as nice

Coachie

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 18:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Smithy..not always the case.We bought Iceland produce in Supreme(Salmon steaks) and when we got back home we had the same produce from our local Iceland and exactly the same price.I agree if you buy imported producr it can be expensive so try and find the local equivalent..

Hector

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 18:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Have to say that when we first started visiting 5 years ago we ate out most nights. Now that restuarants have put their prices up so much (I'm not criticising them - their costs have risen & customers fallen) we eat in nearly every night. Luckily my wife is a great cook, so meals excellent, which I can't always say for the restuarants I'm afraid.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.