North Cyprus Tourist Board - Another good use of UK tax pounds
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Another good use of UK tax pounds

Another good use of UK tax pounds

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Additional Costs in North Cyprus

» See All North Cyprus Banks Related Threads posted so far

» See North Cyprus Interest Rates

Mr Vince

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 10:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

On Sky News this morning the Minister for Children and Schools has announced that he has spent £300 Million on 200,000 laptops complete with software and internet connection so that less fortunate children can now do their homework and revision on line.

I would bet that you tube and chat rooms and music/movie downloads will be the next standard grade GCSE qualification.

What happened to books and a pencil box? Teach the bu**ers how to read and write, how to add and subtract. At least this will give them "Life Skills" 'cos they will be able to fill in benefit forms and how to work out an accumulator payback at the bookies, after tax obviously.

smithy

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 10:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

I was only saying that the other day, children take calculators to school what happened to Mental Arithmetic,

my teacher used to throw a piece of chalk at you and say 7 x 7 example didnt get out a bloody calculator and say hold on a minute

susief

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 10:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

That makes it £1500 per laptop - I'd love to have one that cost that much!! Funny how the rest of us poor people have to save up, wait for the sales at PC World, then spend our hard earned cash on a laptop which is all singing and dancing at no more than £400!

MickSturbs

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 10:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

My daughter is a senior school Maths teacher and says the standard of kids coming from junior school is terrible. She does the "old fashioned way" mental arithmetic to keep those that say they are bored, "awake" , keeps them on their toes!

She was taught by walking to school and chanting the times tables, didn't do any harm and we got up the hill quicker!!!

proger1

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 11:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Might sound a little strange but teach your children how to play darts, the mental arithmatic for that is quite comprehensive on the subtraction and division

lovingcyprus

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 11:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

This is the second time this has been announced first time was 2008 typical Labour spin.

If anyone wants a new laptop just look on e-bay there will soon be loads on there going cheap

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.