North Cyprus Tourist Board - Electrical Transformer too expensive?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Electrical Transformer too expensive?

Electrical Transformer too expensive?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Electricity in North Cyprus and KIBTEK Related Threads posted so far

Avril

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 10:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Hi all,

I was hoping someone could help.

I've just been advised by my builder that the charge for the transformer is GBP£1,750. We had a clause in our contract that capped this charge at GBP£1,000.

I have requested a copy of the invoice but haven't received one yet.

Can someone please advise if this is the average cost for a transformer please?

Many thanks.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 10:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

I don't think there is such a thing as an average cost. It all depends on where your development is located in relation to where the electricity is coming from. We have been quoted £3k per property to bring electric 900 metres from main road despite the fact that we have 3 phase overhead cables 100 yards away. It's all down to what Kib-Tec wants.

wynyardman

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 10:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Avril,

I hope that you are well.

Why oh why do people give consideration to requests for monies outside what is stated on their contracts. If it says £1000 that is what you should pay!

If you are being blackmailed by your developer (no suggestion yet in your case) pay up, and then sue him retrospectively. Use your advocate though.

It is not possible to have a standard price for a transformer. Too many variables.

Good luck

Wyn

Avril

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 12:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Jo and Jelly and Wyn,

Thanks for your replies.

Sorry, I should have clarified things. The builder was just advising me that the charge would have been £1750 had I not had the clause in my contract. He is charging me £1,000. I just wondered if £1750 (the original cost) was excessive or average). Also, because I had not received a copy invoice I was just being cautious (can't be helped when you read so many negative stories). To date my builder has been great and there haven't been any major problems.

Thanks again.

Nunu1

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 14:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Avril, I would say that is a reasonable price for a transformer, probably a subsidised price. The demand has been high for electrical supplies in TRNC due to the amout of building and properties requiring power.

Its the usual supply and demand.....hence prices normally go up!

At least your builder/developer is decent and not charging you the extra £750 which he will have to foot.

Regards

nunu1

martyb49

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 20:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Joan & Jelly, what development are you on? We have just been quoted the same 3k, but this inlcudes all sorts of extras which we ar not contractually obliged for, howeve they are still saying we are liable....Surprise surprise

joandjelly

Message Posted:
12/06/2008 12:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Hi martyb49 we are in Karsiyaka on a development of 10 bungalows. Our property was finished in 2005 and we have been on builders electric ever since mainly because some neighbours were not prepared to pay and we have been at stale mate ever since. Before anyone says if it's not in the contract we shouldn't have to pay etc, I know but you can't get blood out of a stone. We do have meters and full voltage electric so that's ok but it is very annoying having to pay a much higher rate. By the time we get things sorted we will have paid so much extra that we might as well have paid the £3k in the first place!

martyb49

Message Posted:
12/06/2008 12:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Completely agree with you, we are having the same situation on our development. Unfortunately the developers have us over a barrel each and every time, which will only ever be sorted once the laws are changed and upheld by the legal system. God luck and i hope you get it sorted soon.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.