North Cyprus Tourist Board - Plumber Suicide, Sad News
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Plumber Suicide, Sad News

Plumber Suicide, Sad News

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Follow North Cyprus News with Cyprus44 News

Brinsley

Message Posted:
14/03/2010 23:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Not too sure whether this should be posted however, here goes; The Iranian plumber who was associated with the Watermill Hotel for many years, and replaced my water pump last Monday, the day after my return to TRNC decided to end his life last Wednesday by hanging himself. All very sad for those that knew him and bloody selfish of him for doing so.

Richard

Lilli

Message Posted:
14/03/2010 23:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

oh richard im so sorry what a waste of life, what the hell drove him to this. its so very sad xxxxxxxxxxxx rest in peace young man

plumber

Message Posted:
15/03/2010 02:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

very sad.......steve

Groucho

Message Posted:
15/03/2010 06:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Richard,

All those forged pound notes you paid him with?

sorry, .. funny I know they must have them but never thought of an Iranian plumber.

RIP

Corbo

Message Posted:
15/03/2010 07:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Complex one suicide. It sort of stops us in our tracks as it confuses us. Sad I suppose is the common word used in relation to it but the other day I noticed something different from the 28 year old niece of Justin Fashanu the first openly gay footballer, who killed himself 11 years ago. Mentioning his suicide she said it was his decision and she was happy he found peace. She was being genuine as she said it. His was a tragic but also inspiring story. Sad ending I guess.

Groucho

Message Posted:
15/03/2010 07:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

It seems to me, there are two types of suicide.

One, done as an act of violence against your family and friends... more often attempted than successful. As it were to punish others. Almost an attention seeking device. 'See I told you I was unhappy!'

Two, to end unbearable mental anguish. Out of the blue, no one knew the person was so distraught... often people who by most peoples standards and judgement, have a good life and all to live for... That this mental anguish often goes unrecognised is the most sad thing.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
15/03/2010 08:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Suicide is often genetically triggered. I've known of several cases where this has been the suspected factor.

Groucho

Message Posted:
15/03/2010 09:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Surely if it was genetic... it would be weeded out by natural selection over the centuries... suicide would tend to shorten your family tree.

Granted if the family genes include very distressing diseases like Huntington's Chorea I can imagine there being serial suicides in the family...

The biggest cause has got to be mental infirmity followed by depression.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.