North Cyprus Tourist Board - Holidaying soon so we need things to see and do.
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Holidaying soon so we need things to see and do.

Holidaying soon so we need things to see and do.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about North Cyprus Holidays

» Book your North Cyprus Holiday online

» Book North Cyprus Hotels Online: Secure & Easy

mint1955

Message Posted:
19/06/2008 21:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

We will be holidaying from the 29th June to the 13th July in NC and we have rented a villa at Kibris Estate at Arapkoy. Anyone know of it?

We will spend time at Sweetwater Bay as we have a villa being built there but we also want to get around and see all that North Cyprus has to offer.So any suggestions of places to visit or to eat and see local life would be appreciated.

We will have 3 teenagers with us so again anything that will be of interest to them. They do want to do some watersports so if anyone can recommnend somewhere to hire equipment would be good.

Sheila&Phil

newlad

Message Posted:
20/06/2008 00:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Mint 1955,

Hope you have a great holiday not sure where arapkoy is though,

Paul.

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
20/06/2008 07:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

hi mint

go to escape beach and neter next to restarunt down the steps ,see dive centre there .charges around £20 for 1 1/2 hours basic diving ,mine did it last year and loved it .

try gokart track in lefkosa http://www.zetkarting.com

try if really adventurous paragliding ? down at harbour

try drive up towards karpas and have your own beach and snorkel etc ?

try boat trip from kyrenia harbour for the day ,captain on this board around £20 each inclusive of meze lunches ,etc .also has some banana boat rides etc

try trip over south to water park near ayia napa ,drive towards famagusta at crossing leave car this side ,coffee bar has taxi number ...did it last year cost of cab return £35 ish and great service .

try early morning walking up st hilarion castle

small water park at lapta

water sports at lapta sunset club

drive over coast road past karisyaka and follow for few miles to horseshoe bay for snorkling and lunch at taverna etc

hope it helps a bit

kav

Hilltop

Message Posted:
20/06/2008 08:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Arapkoy is on the mountain road that starts near the Acapulco hotel. Beneath 5 finger mountain.

rocky

Message Posted:
20/06/2008 09:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

try buying the Bradt Travel Guide- just North Cyprus by Diana Darke it is very good

ISBN 1 84162 147 1- I think I got mine off Amazon its around 12.99 but may be on offer elsewhere

Pools

Message Posted:
20/06/2008 10:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

yes.Kibris estate is a family runs estate agents.I know lots of english bought a villa from them.

Karpaz is a nice beach to visit.We been to Malibu Hotel,very nice beach and i love grilled fish.

Cant wait to go back there next months.

HER INDOORS

Message Posted:
20/06/2008 12:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

The Iskele Folk dance festival is arranged annually around the end of June, and lasts about a week. Iskele is about 20 minutes drive from Famagusta,just before the fishing harbour of Bogaz.

There are different dancers each night ,wearing beautiful costumes and the main street is lined with stalls selling anything from clothes,jewellery ,handbags,shoes to candyfloss,turkish delight,even small animals such as birds and pet rabbits!

There are also numerous Kebab stalls and a Bar area with tables where you can sit and drink an Effes or two. The main entertainment start around 21.00pm,but earlier on you can watch the local boys football teams competing against each other or just browse around the stalls - there are even one or two fairground rides.I really enjoyed it last year. Terri

I really enjoyed it last year

Chick-a-Dee

Message Posted:
20/06/2008 15:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Hi Mint1995.

We jsut got back from holiday. We had a good day out visiting the Salamis Ruins, near to Famgusta. It was 9YTL each, and we were free to roam around the ruins. There is a beach next to the entrance and a cafe/bar, we had an afternoon dip. There are changing rooms etc. All in all a great day out. But be prepared for the 'hole in the floor' on site toilets .... very authentic!

We tried the beach down at Camelot (on recommendation) it was 20 YTL for two people, and it was not nice, a bit scruffy, unkept and untidy. The views though were spectacular. We didn't try the Boat Cruise, we are saving that for when we go back in September. Escape Beach was lovely.

Whatever you do I am sure you will (like us) have a lovely holiday. Have a safe trip, and maybe when you get back you could brief us of what you got up go?

Turtle

Message Posted:
20/06/2008 21:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

I think the turtles are nesting at this time on Alagadi Beach.

Might not be your thing but worth a visit at nignt.

come_on_aylin

Message Posted:
20/06/2008 22:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Yes, the turtles will be nesting but you need to go to the Goatshed at Alagadi to book if you want to see them and numbers are limited. At least you are close by at Arapkoy.

Dancer

Message Posted:
20/06/2008 22:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Can someone tell me how to get to Escape Beach, we are in Turtle Bay Village near Esentepe?

Thanks

Lincsman

Message Posted:
21/06/2008 12:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

To get to Escape Beach from Esentepe you have to come into Girne on the main road. Once into Girne don't go towards the harbour turn left go to the main road at the top and turn right you go over 2 or 3 roundabouts and you are heading west towards Alsancak and Lapta. Keep on this road out of Girnefor about 10/15 mins until you see a big sculpture on your right hand side. That is Escape beach

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.