North Cyprus Tourist Board - Girne Belediyesi Tahsilat Makbuzu
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Girne Belediyesi Tahsilat Makbuzu

Girne Belediyesi Tahsilat Makbuzu

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

minertor

Message Posted:
31/03/2010 15:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Went to pay the above today. Wife promised to stand me a drink, or two. Intended going to Windows but wife wanted to call at the post office first. We cut through the car park and the open air cafe that abuts the car park. Wife says we'll have a couple of drinks here on way back, she's paying so OK. We sat in the sun, close to the bar area. Ordered one beer for me, and a Nescafe for her. Waiter was friendly, with good English. Whilst we were there, an English family came through on their way to the car. The 2 youngest wanted a bread ring, like a large do-nut. Our waiter gave then 1 each and asked for 1 euro. The father said he only had TL, a second waiter approached and said "that is 3 tl" He was paid, winked at his mate and kissed his fingers. My wife asked if I wanted another drink, after that I didn't. She asked for the bill and tendered 10tl, she was given 1 tl change. I said "that's a bit steep" Got the Cyprus shrug. I usually support the local businesses but won't be going back.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
31/03/2010 15:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Tony

It's got to the stage now that before asking for anything ask how much before hand. Indicative of how the TRNC has gone down the pan! My old barber for well over a year managed a 80% increase in his price, found a new one, as good, for what I was charged two years ago! It's a piss take and such practices really do not help the overall local & tourist economy!

Richard

minertor

Message Posted:
31/03/2010 16:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

brought a machine from UK a coupla years ago, do my own hair now. Point of the post was that we have passesd many times and seen locals imbibing. No way do they pay what we paid today, just a warning.

The locals are going to self destruct unless they realise that we are not their enemies, we will pay for what we get, live with it.

Tony

Ladyinwaiting

Message Posted:
31/03/2010 16:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

We often used to use this cafe when in town, howevever it will not have our custom again. In December we where charged 8tl for 2 Nescafes we would have prefered tea but as they only seem to stock Earl Grey there we opted for coffee, I don't think it would have made any difference to the price though.

LIW

Brinsley

Message Posted:
31/03/2010 16:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

I suppose better than signs, 'No Blacks, No Irish'! They're just a little more subtle by blatantly over charging!

Richard

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.