North Cyprus Tourist Board - IBAN money transfers
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > IBAN money transfers

IBAN money transfers

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Banks Related Threads posted so far

» See North Cyprus Interest Rates

Aslan

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 14:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Have any members had problems with the UK banks and building societies ability to transfer money to a TRNC bank account using the IBAN system, I have and given an ounce of brains realise that the year is 2008 and computers and the IBAN system have been around for a long time yet as I am aware the IBAN is a sequence of numbers

Example of a UK IBAN:

GB, 55,TUBA, 1234560000000

country code, check number, bank, sort code and account number

However for some reason the UK banks and building societies still don't seem to understand that this is the sequence and this is enough information to transfer monies across the globe.

jessy

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 14:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Done lots of transfers from uk to here and back no problem.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 14:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Never had a problem with iban, except for first finding Girne Subesi, Mersin 10. Once that was sorted no problems.

Now just use internet and I have money from account to account in less than 24 hours.

Lemtich

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 14:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

I had a problem with Lloyds, they have the form on their computers and the receiving Bank's address has to be imput. If you don't know it they can't do the transfer. Not only that the clots took the £20 transfer fee out of the money sent so it was £20 short!

Lem

Biker

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 15:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

As well as IBAN there is another code which is need for an internet transfer with HSBC and this is BIC (Branch code)

I have tried to do a transfer and would not let me without this code. I have now obtained this code for HSBC Girne and it seems like it is the transfer code of Istanbul branch. Have not tried it yet.

I was told BIC code is HSBCTRIC and should work.

If you are trying a HSBC transfer then maybe you can use this and let me know too.

Biker

elko2

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 15:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Biker,

BIC is the branch code given by Swift which is run by Reuters. It is more commonly known as the Swift code. Bank transfers between different name banks are normally done through their headquarters. Hence the Swift code for HSBC Turkey is HSBCTRIX.

The last letter is X and not a C

IBAN number is supposed to cover everything but for some reason they require the recepients name, bank and branch name. The usual sort code used in UK is no good for international transfers.

ismet

smudge

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 15:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Well oddly enough....

I have managed IBAN transfers just fine to some destinations but trying to send money to MEPS Kavankoy has hitched twice although that seems ironed out.

However, at the moment I have a considerable cash sum being transferred from my UK account to Iktisatbank via Lloyds. Money left the account in early June and never arrived in Cyprus account. We think it is still at Lloyds - therein lies the problem. They refuse to talk to my own bank people because of data protection and refuse to talk to me about it because I don't actually have an account with Lloyds!!!!! Still hoping that Iktisatbank may be able to salvage the damage before my electric gets cut off over there.

There has to be a moral to this story somewhere... and I think it may have something to do with Lloyds bank.......

Smudge

Aslan

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 15:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Lem & Biker

thanks for the request and info.

Emine

Nunu1

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 15:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Ive transfered many times through Nationwide, just one hick up when the dozy person at the branch put in the wrong numbers!!! Doh!

Apart from that all ok....it does take up to a week to show up in Cyprus from UK so dont worry just keep tabs on it.

nunu

Biker

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 18:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Elko2

You are absolutely right about the BIC number.

I could not remember it correctly.

Has anyone used this swift code transfer between UK HSBC and Girne HSBC ?

I would like to find out if anyone has over the internet?

Biker

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.