North Cyprus Tourist Board - For Sale: 'Invacare Harrier Plus' electric wheelchair
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > For Sale: 'Invacare Harrier Plus' electric wheelchair

For Sale: 'Invacare Harrier Plus' electric wheelchair

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Electricity in North Cyprus and KIBTEK Related Threads posted so far

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
04/06/2010 09:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Stored here in Girne, North Cyprus - I have the above wheelchair for sale at a bargain price.

This brand is NHS supplied and approved - check on 'Google'.

Price subject to negotiation.

nurseawful

Message Posted:
04/06/2010 11:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

What's the bargain price then Tenakoutou, if price cheap enough may buy it for TRNC Healthcare.

Chris

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
05/06/2010 19:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

£550 to you, Nurse!

Because it has been [dry] stored for 4 years, the original [twin] 12 volt 'gel' batteries are now dead. For use locally, it can use normal [car type] lead acid batteries, which are way cheaper. 'Gel' batteries [as you no doubt know] are the only type of batteries allowed if an electric wheelchair is carried on an aircraft.

I had a 'tyre-kicker' who came to look it over, so to demonstrate to him that it still performs perfectly, I temporarily fitted two 'emergency car starter battery units' - it should do, too, as deceased uncle only used it half a dozen times, at most.

To view, ask for Roy at 'Ronnies Furniture'.

jamestalbot

Message Posted:
05/06/2010 21:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Sorry Tenakoutou, You say it's a Harrier does it have a vertical take off facility?

Only a joke I hope I have not offended you.

James

Jimmyboy63

Message Posted:
05/06/2010 22:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Yes Mr Tenakoutou I was your so called "Tyre Kicker" you were trying to sell me something for £1,000 which was probably worth around £150-£200 considering it did not have batteries or a cushion and looked old and dated.....so please do not call me a "Tyre Kicker" as I came round in good faith to buy an electric wheelchair for my son to use when we were over in Cyprus....... so now you are trying to sell it for £550!!!.... why don't you just give it to charity and be done with it... it probably cost you nothing anyway!!!

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
06/06/2010 08:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Jimmyboy63/ Msg 5:

You might have had the courtesy to phone me to tell me you didn't want it, or you thought I was asking too much - or even what you've just posted.

Since the same model is currently advertised new in UK - how can it, never mind its looks, be 'old and dated'?

And the price - well, good luck to you if you can find an NHS approved 'Invacare' Harrier wheelchair in Cyprus for your £150-200!

'....why don't you just give it to charity and be done with it ......it probably cost you nothing anyway!!!' - That's obviously your way of saying you want me to donate it to your charity!

Jimmyboy63

Message Posted:
06/06/2010 17:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

I came in good faith to potentially purchase this wheelchair from you and when I did not get back to you you must have known that I was not interested in buying it........so really that should be the end of the matter.

No not for you........10 months later you have almost halved the asking price and are calling me a "Tyre Kicker"

If I wanted it I would have made you an offer but considering the age, condition, no cushion, a golf ball in place of the joy stick and no batteries I decided it It was not for me.

I think you have a bloody cheek calling me a "tyre kicker" on this board because i didn't call you to tell you I was not interested in buying your wheelchair

Anyway good luck with the sale!!!!

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
07/06/2010 10:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

The condition of this wheelchair is perfect - anybody can see that.

The golf ball was deliberately put on the joystick - why?

Because multiple sclerosis sufferers often have no proper grip, or hand co-ordination. It was professionally advised that this modification be made.

The cushion had been removed, as had the batteries and their boxes for the purpose of demonstration only.

The originally supplied gel batteries actually managed 4 years - generally they're only supposed to last three.

It is pointless to fit a set of new batteries of either type while the wheelchair remains in storage; however, if there is a genuine buyer, I can either arrange for new batteries to be fitted, or the buyer may prefer to.

Either way, it would be preferable and way cheaper to buy batteries in UK, and 'Invacare' are so well known in UK and quote most reasonable prices for the original gel type batteries, or any other spare parts needed.

-

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
07/06/2010 10:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Cont'd:

Since you wish me 'good luck with the sale', I feel I should reciprocate by withdrawing the 'tyre kicker' remark.

So, since our reciprocation of good will has been exchanged, this should, hopefully, bring a conclusion to any mutual acrimony.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
16/07/2010 12:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

This wheelchair is still in dry storage and is still for sale - price SLIGHTLY negotiable.

I will help any purchaser locate suitable batteries - it's pointless to renew them just to stand and deteriorate in storage. Batteries need to be used - they deteriorate much quicker when only stored and not used.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.