North Cyprus Tourist Board - Hotel recommendations in North Cyprus?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Hotel recommendations in North Cyprus?

Hotel recommendations in North Cyprus?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Book North Cyprus Hotels Online: Secure & Easy

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

paddypony

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 11:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

We are looking to come on a family holiday and stay at either of the following hotels on HB basis. Pia Bella, Malpas or Acapulco. Please can you advise which of these 3 hotels is most suitable (October 1 week) for a family with kids aged 10, 15 and 16? We would really appreciate some comments to help us choose...................

jerryj

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 12:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

Out of the 3 hotels you have selected, they are very different.

I would chose the Pia Bella - lovely hotel, very friendly staff, walking distance to Girne/kyrenia, some nice restaraunts close by. But no beach. And they do not rip you off on bar prices.

The Acapulco, although very nice and on the beach, is about 5 miles outside of Girne and you would need a higher car. It is expensive on food and drinks.

The Malpas, Very expensive (drinks probably twice that of the Pia Bella). you would also need a higher car, as it is about 4 miles from Girne. It has a beach, but it is about 1/2 a mile from the hotel.

Hope this helps in a small way.

walkerscott

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 12:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

David,

Based on your selection and taking into account you have three children at the ages they are, i would suggest the Acapulco. Depends completely on your perspective of course. The bus runs from thew Acapulco are good and regular but a taxi would be better into town for around £8-10. You may of course prefer to hire a vehicle?

I have stayed at both the Acapulco and the Malpas. The Malpas is very nice but whether it would be suitable for the kids is another matter.

Take time and read the reviews on TripAdvisor ... and if you have any further questions message me through that site and i will respond.

John

parklanecyp

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 12:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

Please have a look at our Hotel we are small and great for Familes .....Park Lane Bungalows Alsancak it is open every day from 8am a place were you can spend the day with the family and rest while the children play in the pool enjoy the peaceful setting and we have a great full Menu at great prices the Restaurant is open 8am till 10.30pm ....

Tele : 0392 821 25 49-50-51

email : parklanecyprus@hotmail.com

Web : http://www.parklanecyprus.com

Facebook : parklane_bungalows@yahoo.com

Airport transfers

Car Hire

Island Tours

And for some thing diffrent for the children we are very near the water Park and only 5 mins from the beach

Panchocat

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 15:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

Personally with a young family I would choose the Acapulco; great pools, indoor and out and a beautiful beach too. When you want a bit of relaxation the spa do wonderful treatments. We use it to swim through the winter and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Car hire is also very reasonable, if you are planning to come at half term I would advise an early pre booking for a hire car.

spider

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 16:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

I just love the Almonds Holiday village so friendly and small family run.sorry i cannot add a link perhaps someone else might for me,but please google it,Its very nice for a day out too..

Spider,X

Lilli

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 16:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

have to agree spider, they are the nicest family, you bet me to it as i was just going to post about almond village.However the Acapulco dowes have some many amenities for children.

jakki

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 17:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

We have stayed at the The Malpas - lovely large pools for the children - but please ensure that you check beforehand as to whether they have any theme nights or festivals - they can be very, very noisy.

On the plus side - the breakfasts at The Malpas are just amazing

Ballyboffin

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 18:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

Certainly not the Acapulco. We stayed there some years ago and found that the food, drinks etc were very expensive. There is a sign on the entrance saying that it is forbidden food or drinks from outside.

Of course everyone was smuggling in drinks, the price at the hotel was the same for a coke, bottle of water or a beer. Problem was that the hotel management realised and they did a swoop on all the rooms and confiscated all they found. They left a note saying that they could be claimed when checking out.

They came in our room and took our travel kettle, tea bags and an unopened bottle of Baileys bought duty free at the airport from inside the wardrobe. They even took some bananas the I'd bought at the supermarket and were still in the bag. I have a potassium deficiency and need to eat two every day which I probably could have pinched from the breakfast buffet, but being honest I bought them instead.

Bit OTT and greedy IMHO.

Panchocat

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 19:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

Same thing happened to us in Austria however all was returned when we said we would call the police as something valuable had gone missing!!

Have had friends stay in most of the big hotels, they all ban food and drink from outside, the Acapulco remains our favourite and that of our friends.

Personal preference again I guess.

cyprusairsoft

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 20:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

try the new one opening soon you should be able to get jlos suite very cheap when the greeks stop her from coming to open it

walkerscott

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 20:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

Ballyboffin,

I'm quite shocked to hear that! You should place a review on Trip Advisor describing your stay and thoughts so everyone gets a balanced view of the Acapulco.

John

Ballyboffin

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 21:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

Panchocat, message 10.

Did you return to the hotel in Austria and would you recommend it? Personally, I feel that if you are paying for your room in any hotel you should be allowed to bring in whatever you want to eat or drink IN THAT ROOM, after all you are paying rent there.

cyprusairsoft, Yes I agree, but will they reduce the rates when nobody comes?

We spent a few days in The Venus Beach Hotel at Salamis last month, it was like the Marie Celeste. We were the ONLY guests there and the hotel and setting is amazing. Still they do not learn though, 2 bottles of Efes was 14TL, that is when you could get someone to serve at the bar, we waited 30 minutes before they came and that turned out to be the chef, barman and waiter!!!!!!

clayton

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 21:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

pia bella,very friendly hotel.and well situated for kyrenia

LaptaMike

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 21:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

Only stayed at the Pia Bella. Very good hotel, 2 pools and they have an aviary so the kids would like that. Quite a few friendly hotel cats aswell. When I stayed I had a bottle of duty free vodka and there were no problems at all.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 23:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

Totally agree with Spider and Lilli. The Almonds is a great place - perhaps not for teenage children though. It may be too quiet for them during the evening.

paddypony

Message Posted:
06/07/2010 12:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

Hi,

To all those who posted - Many thanks for all your kind suggestions, I’ll get everything booked!

I did enquire about the possibility of using J Lo’s suite but the wife said she “didn’t fancy that hotel anyway” cant think why.... bit large around the back side maybe, but it does look a nice place to me..........

Ballyboffin

Message Posted:
06/07/2010 14:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

John, message 12

I did do that and also on Holiday Truths.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.