North Cyprus Tourist Board - Looking for budget 2 week summer rental
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Looking for budget 2 week summer rental

Looking for budget 2 week summer rental

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

Jeana

Message Posted:
04/09/2010 07:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Hello everyone,

I'm new on here and am hoping people might help with suggestions for a low budget rental next summer?

We have been to TRNC 4 times now, last in 2005. We stayed twice in s/c in Girne, once in s/c Lapta at La Siesta, and the last time s/c in Caltalkoy. All have been good in their individual ways but La Siesta was basically a galleried studio and now our son is older we would like individual rooms. Catalkoy was also lovely, but we were in the middle of nowhere with no eateries within walking distance, and a 20 min walk to even get to the main road, so we had to drive every night.

We are looking for a 2 bed apt with a shared pool, air con, within walking distance of one or two restaurants, and within a short walk to a main road so we can get a dolmus in and out to Girne easily. We are not bothered about being near a beach but would prefer an situation that has several apartments so our son can make friends round the pool.

£300 or less per wk good!

Thanks.

smooth

Message Posted:
04/09/2010 08:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Hi Jeana,

Welcome to the forum.

You should have no trouble in finding what you are looking for. As a start try this website http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/cyprus-north-cyprus-kyrenia-2bed.htm

There are others and I am sure some owners here will help you.

You seem always to have holidayed in the Girne area. Maybe you would like to look at the Famagusta region, Bogaz, Karpaz as a change? I know there are some lovely apartments that rent for around 250 to 300 per week in the summer, commnal pool and 50 m from the beach, great beaches on that side too.

Jeana

Message Posted:
04/09/2010 14:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Thanks for your reply. I had already looked on Owners Abroad & Holiday Lettings sites etc and bookmarked a few possibles, but I know there must be dozens of owner occupiers who don't advertise on mainstream sites and hoped I might find some leads or contacts here....!

You could be right, maybe we are being too set in our ways and should try the east coast for a change, so i'm open to suggestions ! We've spent a day in Famagusta every holiday and I remember driving back via the coast road through Bogaz, though I can't remember much about it other than a sprawl of restaurants/bars along the roadside. I love the far end of the Karpas peninsula but its too isolated for me for a holiday base. I'm not keen on the area round Esentepe to stay in.... plenty new development going on (some of it very ugly!) but it all seems very manufactured with no local infrastructure to support it. We do love the Girne area, the harbour setting, the mountains, climbing up to Buffavento etc

samblaney1985

Message Posted:
07/09/2010 12:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

hi there

i have a one bedroom, the sitting room has a double sofa bed, sleeps 4.... i can do for £250 per week that includes electricy and weekly laundry change. the apartment is on a complex so theres usually familys about with children also. its in Tatlisu

please let me know if you want more info or pics

thanks

Sam

trevor

Message Posted:
07/09/2010 14:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Got a 3 bed ground floor garden apartment on Chelsey Village, Arapkoy

Jeana

Message Posted:
07/09/2010 15:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Appreciate the replies.

Samblaney1985: We would prefer two bedrooms so we are not tiptoeing round a sleeper in sitting room, so it's not for us , but thanks for replying.

Trevor: Had a look at Chelsey web site. Stunning setting but probably more isolated than we would like for eating out, lots of driving/dolmus/taxis to get out and about at night. Can visualise where it is as we had a meal in that wooden clad restaurant nearby (looks a bit ranch-like) when we came back from Buffevento one evening. I'll keep it in mind, though obviously it's bigger than we need. Thanks for replying too.

daria

Message Posted:
07/09/2010 16:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Hi Jeana,

we have several options for apartment rentals for you. It will cost 250 pounds per week. Good site with communal pool and cafe on the territory. You can see pictures and details here http://homesabroadcyprus.com/rental-properties/apartments-for-rent

If you are interested, you are welcome to email to rentals@carringtoncyprus.com

susiesusie

Message Posted:
07/09/2010 16:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

patara city.. girne. 2 mins from main road and shops/restaurants etc.

owners direct has some on there.

Jeana

Message Posted:
09/09/2010 12:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Daria: Thanks, lovely complex. I may email you for more info. Esentepe did not attract me but maybe we should be more open minded! A lot depends on whether we take car hire for the full 2 weeks, don't want to be somewhere too isolated.

SusieSusie: Thanks for suggestion, looked at some on Owners Direct. Tremendous pool. Seems like a big site so there may be plenty people to fill it though! Great location, though the complex itself looks like a small housing scheme so i think a lot would depend on where an apartment was within it. By the pool would be great(but unlikely), blocks away with a tiny patio less great. Shall have to enquire further.

Liking look of several sites in different areas of Lapta that seem built by same developer: Olive Grove, Citrus Gardens, Emerald Bay, The Cove. Like the way there are less than a dozen all facing good sized pools and the upper flats have huge roof terraces. Anyone here rent any of these or know them and have feedback re locations etc

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.