North Cyprus Tourist Board - Travel Insurance from TRNC (Cyprus)
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Travel Insurance from TRNC (Cyprus)

Travel Insurance from TRNC (Cyprus)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

» See North Cyprus Insurance Related Threads posted so far

» Read Information about North Cyprus Property Insurance

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
05/09/2010 07:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

I have asked about this topic before and have struggled to find an insurance company that will cover us from TRNC and being over the age of 70yrs.

I have now bought this travel insurance twice now and found the company so far very helpful as I damaged my laptop the last time I travelled. I have put this on the forum for 2 main reasons:

1. They cover you from TRNC, which is Cyprus under their listings and I did ring the company to check this.

2. The age range goes up to '85 yrs and over'

http://www.extrasureonline.co.uk/default.aspx

You can do it all on line and they email you your certificate, easy.

Hope this is of help!

crofter

Message Posted:
05/09/2010 07:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

We too have bought travel insurance through Infinity Insurance who were recommended to us by Tom from FlightHoliday .

Everything was done online and the policy has been emailed to us. It is designed for ex pats living in the TRNC who wish to travel to europe or farther a field.

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
05/09/2010 07:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Crofter,

Thanks, I will check out Infinity Insurance as I have not heard of them, the problem I was having was to find an insurance company which covered for over 70 yrs of age, which is where the one above came in.

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
06/09/2010 09:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

I checked out Infinity Insurance and the only problem I have is that I need insurance for over 70yrs and Infinity Insurance only goes to 65yrs.

The link I put in msg 1 covers for people over 85 yrs.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
06/09/2010 14:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Hi Sue, Which infinity product did you apply for?

We also supply Extrasure from BGB through our http://www.flightholiday.co.uk web site. It would be nice if you booked through it as although the price is the same we earn some commsion from them for the intorduction. (Unless they have changed their policy very recently Extrasure cannot cover clients who live in the TRNC.)

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
06/09/2010 18:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Hi Tom,

Extrasure was a company that was put forward by the BRS here in the TRNC as they had also confirmed that cover for Cyprus did include travel from the TRNC and as such has actively pushed this company to all their members.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
06/09/2010 19:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Hi Sue Msg 6 - I understand that one agent did have a facitlity which stopped being and is no longer offered to anyone else but if you don't use them you are not covered by going direct or to agents such as IAH.

For this reason we negotaited a package for you.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
09/09/2010 14:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Sue - Over 65 is not a problem for clients wanting to travel from the TRNC with travel insurance - this has been checked today.

I am waiting for the terms to be sent over to me as there are some duration restrictions for some clients wanting travel insurance who are of "greater age" travelling from North Cyprus; I will publish them here when our people have sent them to me.

There can be delays in getting quotations as some of them are referred to the insurance underwriters by our IAH agency supplier. Only when the underwriter is happy will Infinity make you an offer. Should you want a quote the route is to apply at http://www.flightholiday.co.uk/Infinity_Insurance.php .

Tom

http://www.flightholiday.co.uk

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
20/09/2010 21:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Hi Tom,

I am sorry it has taken a while to get back to you and I do hope that I do not offend you but, as a result of your comments above I thought it wise to get something in writing from Extrasure to confirm that they do in fact provide travel insurance FROM North Cyprus and directly on-line with them on the following link:

http://www.extrasureonline.co.uk/default.aspx

Here is a copy of their email response:

20th September 2010

Dear Sue

Thank you for your email

I can confirm that we cover travel and residency to North Cyprus

Therefore as you are resident in North Cyprus we will cover you for travel from North Cyprus

Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Sara Mott

I therefore stand by my original msg no: 1 that I can get cover for my husband who is over 70yrs of age and that I can also get cover for both of us from North Cyprus with this company on the link provided above.

Sue

Nedjip

Message Posted:
08/10/2010 20:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Get the best Travel Insurance rates in North Cyprus, please just get a quote....

You can contact with Mrs. Hazan Ercelik, she is working for Gunes Insurance, she speaks very good English and Gunes Insurance is a corporation (stock exchange company in Turkey IMKB) (is an affiliate of GROUPAMA, one of the leading insurance companies in FRANCE and VAKIFBANK TURKEY), you can get very good quotes... Call her from 05338665310 or visit http://www.northcyprusinsurance.com for more information... hope this will help

carian

Message Posted:
09/10/2010 12:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

We took out travel insurance with Extrasure and were very pleased with their service, all the documents were waiting in our 'in-box' as soon as we had completed the transaction. It cost £65.86 for a years insurance (age range 50 - 64, Europe only ) for the Optimum option and they confirmed we were covered for travel to and from the TRNC.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.