North Cyprus Tourist Board - Supermarkets in the UK. obviously no different from those in N. Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Supermarkets in the UK. obviously no different from those in N. Cyprus

Supermarkets in the UK. obviously no different from those in N. Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

keyholekate

Message Posted:
10/09/2010 16:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Asda, Morrisons, Sainsbury and Tesco were all under investigation by the Watch Dog team in the new series on BBC last night. They were all guilty of overcharging by different methods but nevertheless, overcharging and not by small amounts.

sulliman

Message Posted:
10/09/2010 17:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

The difference is when you spot the mistake you can always go back and get a refund not like there where you get the famous Manwell KEHHHHHH.

YFred

Message Posted:
10/09/2010 17:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

How do they overcharge then. Can we have some examples?

keyholekate

Message Posted:
10/09/2010 21:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

YFred,

I can't remember which one, think it was Tesco, doing a "Meal Deal" several items including a bottle of wine for £9 something but when taken to the check out came to £32 something. The excuse was that the offer had not been put into the system at the checkout - it still hadn't a few days later.

Sainsburys were charging more for a special offer of a 4kg pack of rice than for a 1kg pack.

Asda's prices for shopping on line have often increased by the time they are delivered even though they send e mails confirming the order, with prices when ordered. The reason is that they apply whatever the price is on the day the order is delivered. Therefore if it is not delivered for a few days and there have been price increases, those are the prices charged.

Pippie

Message Posted:
11/09/2010 16:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Hey, guess what? I was served in Tempo in Çatalköy yesterday by a young girl on the til with a lovely welcoming smile and a "Merhaba". I got exactly the right change - with a smile - along with "thank you, bye bye".

And why would I take such notice of something so small ... because it rarely happens in a supermarket in TRNC.

I suppose at least when you're overcharged in the UK they do it with a smile to make you feel better!!

Whistler

Message Posted:
11/09/2010 17:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Tempo staff, on a whole, have far nicer personalities than (say) Lemar, where the girls on the tills could turn milk sour. Ileli and Hur Deniz I have also found to be very amenable.

Quarmby

Message Posted:
11/09/2010 17:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Saw in Tesco today, 'Special offer on a quiche, buy 2 for £2! Original price £1 each!!'

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.