North Cyprus Tourist Board - Can anyone help? Where is the Police Station in Nicosia??
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Can anyone help? Where is the Police Station in Nicosia??

Can anyone help? Where is the Police Station in Nicosia??

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about North Nicosia Cyprus

Manta

Message Posted:
14/09/2010 17:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

I have to start my PTP process and i have been told that i need to go to the police station in Nicosia to get the disclosure certificate. I haven't been to Nicosia (except for the metahan border crossing) before so idiot proof diretions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
14/09/2010 17:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

ring me on 0533 873 9181,hard to explain since you dont know much about nicosia.

Crumpy

Message Posted:
14/09/2010 21:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Manta,

Last Wednesday I also went to the Lefkoşa Police Station to get the equivalent of the CRB disclosure form (called a "Sabika Kayıt Belgesi") - because I was told in Girne it would take two weeks, but in Lefkoşa they could process it in one day ... and indeed they had it ready for me when I returned to the station at 11am (ie. 2 hours later)

You will need two photographs and 17 lira's worth of stamps ... the stamps you can buy in the büfe, outside the main gate for 19TL.

As for directions from Girne; at the two roundabouts (you first come across) go straight, at the two sets of traffic lights (you next come across) again go straight. Eventually you will see the Merit hotel (you can't miss it) on your right. At this point the road forks - take the left fork. After 500 metres you will come across another set of lights - go straight. Then take the next left. The station is on this road - on the left-hand side.

Hope that helps

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
14/09/2010 22:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Crumpy;

forgive me if I'm wrong,but the last bit "Then take the next left",should that not be right?

iceman

Message Posted:
14/09/2010 23:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll=35.192416,33.360307&spn=0.00162,0.003422&z=19

Crumpy

Message Posted:
15/09/2010 20:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Hi again Yorgozlu,

Sorry I couldn't reply any earlier, but I was watching the footy until late last night (if only Spurs could have been so awesome in the second half) and at school today I didn't have a minute to myself to check my inbox etc. :-(

In any case, if you click on the link http://www.karpazinfo.net/info_pages/Maps/lefkosa.jpg (and reread the directions given in message 3) it shows us that the name of the "left fork" almost opposite the Merit Hotel is "Atatürk Caddesi". For the main police station, ie. the "Polis Genel Müdürlüğü", you should (as written in message 3) proceed along this cadde for 500 metres, go over the traffic-lighted crossroads (ie. crossing over Evcet Yusuf Caddesi) ... and then for the said police station take the third left ... according to my future Father-in-law the first two turnings are just cul-de-sacs.

The map is not so good, but sorry Yorgozlu, it clearly shows that we don't turn right after the "traffic-lighted crossroads" :-(

Crumpy

Message Posted:
15/09/2010 20:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

(Continued from above)

I suppose all the above is immaterial ... as Manta has probably already been to the Polis Genel Müdürlüğü and got the required form :-(

In any case, let's hope the other two London teams (in the Champs' League, that is) do even better than Spurs this evening

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.