North Cyprus Tourist Board - Slingbox streaming UK TV in TRNC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Slingbox streaming UK TV in TRNC

Slingbox streaming UK TV in TRNC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

Twitch

Message Posted:
24/11/2010 00:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

I have been looking at My Private Network.co.uk and Slingbox as a means of getting my UK TV streamed to my TV in Bacheli,Esentepe. Has anyone experience of either and how complex to set up? MPN is £5 a month streamed thru laptop and slingbox is just that but cost to purchase.??

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
24/11/2010 03:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

Hi Twitch

the best way to get UK TV in CY is via satellite.. and you need a BIG dish (4.2m) to get BBC 1-4

If you can't fit / don't want a 4.2m - then a 1.8m will get you most channels via a good 1.8m dish, well -fitted.

Failing that - if your internet connection is good - that seems to be an 'issue' then being able to download for later playback means that using a VPN is a better option over a Slingbox - as even though the sling uses less bandwidth - it needs a reliable connection.

If you don't want need satellite - go for a trial of MPN or simillar VPN's on offer, or try expatshield which is free - but pushes adverts

A Slingbox costs 120 approx but you need to have an internet connection back in the UK ( where the receiver is located)

A Sling allows you to watch UK TV when you want - not limited by what iplayer, etc has available

So, what you go for depends on your budget, how often you are in CY, and how often you watch tv..

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.