North Cyprus Tourist Board - renew residency
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > renew residency

renew residency

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

woody

Message Posted:
09/09/2008 14:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

could anyone tell me please what documents and stamps are reqiured to renew residency

come_on_aylin

Message Posted:
09/09/2008 14:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Took a note of the details on Friday but can't find them now. However, from BRS site the costs are:

Stamps Required by Local İmmigration Office on first application 7.8 YTL

Stamps Required on letter from Muhtar (annual Requirement) 1.1 YTL

Stamps Required by Central İmmigration Office 5.6 YTL

Annual Payment Required by Central İmmigration Office 146.0 YTL

From memory and in addition to above, each applicant requires a letter from Muhtar, a copy of a bank statement, copy of stamped sale/rental agreement, copy of photo page of passport, the little pink/blue book that they issued you with the 1st time you applied and possibly a photocopy of your original residency stamp in your passport. Not sure about last one, maybe someone could confirm. Don't forget to take your passport and original documents too as the police quite often want to see them.

If anyone has renewed in last few weeks, could you check if this info is accurate as I have to renew soon too.

Laptalocal

Message Posted:
09/09/2008 14:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Hi, yes I just recently renewed and this is correct. I didnt need a photocopy of my original passport stamp though. I was also told at the police station that it would be about 3 or 4 weeks for it to be processed but it actually took 7 weeks, so I wouldnt rush to Nicosia if I were you!

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
09/09/2008 15:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

You need a copy of previous years residency stamp.

Did ours in April, 2 weeks. Remember this time of year is holidays, it is hot and everyone works slower too

joandjelly

Message Posted:
09/09/2008 16:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Do make sure you take the originals because the Police kept our original Muhtar letters and returned the copies.

Also don't forget that until the end of Summer (whenever that may be officially) Government offices are open all day Monday (lunch break 1pm until ?) but only up to 1pm the rest of the week.

I'm sure someone who has recently been to Immigration can confirm the actual times because I did my renewal back in July.

By the way, if you are going to the car tax office in Lefkosa (first time registration of imported vehicle) then on Mondays they close 1pm to 3.45pm then are open again until 5pm (nice work if you can get it). Oh and don't assume that Customs and/or the Police will do all the paperwork right. We had to go back twice yesterday (on two separate occasions) for amendments.

Sorry to go off topic there but I thought the info might be useful.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.