North Cyprus Tourist Board - Extend Broadband E Mail Problems
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Extend Broadband E Mail Problems

Extend Broadband E Mail Problems

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

deputydawg

Message Posted:
10/01/2011 16:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Like many, earlier in week "timed out" for net connection for protracted period and now have no e mail facility whatsoever following on from being unable to open attachments for days on end. Spoke to their "Unhelpful desk" after listening to music for ages to be told technical problems were my problem not theirs. Also spoke with my computer geek friend who said he believes the technical problem is with Extend and not my PC. Grateful if anyone is able to clarify the position as I am now in Victor Meldrew mode and the Wildebeest (bless her) is trying to stop me from visiting the Extend Office to wish them a belated Happy New Year, not

cybel

Message Posted:
10/01/2011 16:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Problem is with Extend servers, I'm in Uk at present and can't get into their Icewarp sign on page, message states 404 server unknown which means it cannot be recognised, so definitely not your machine.

Belkin

Message Posted:
10/01/2011 16:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Spoke to Extend this morning and they do have a problem with their E-Mail server, was told that it would be fixed today (we can hope).

deputydawg

Message Posted:
10/01/2011 16:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Peter, thanks for that. Do you want me to say anything on your behalf when I visit their office ? !!

cybel

Message Posted:
10/01/2011 16:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

No need Brian just boot them up the backside, this has been going on and off for more than 2 weeks.

mackom

Message Posted:
11/01/2011 07:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Suffering same problem into day 5. called into Extend office in Girne, 1 gentleman in front of me with same problem. The lady in the office promised us that all would be back to normal by 6 o clock yesterday evening. As usual still waiting.

pammick

Message Posted:
11/01/2011 08:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

I have had the same problem since Saturday with EXTEND. No Email out or in. Rang the office 4 times and in my opinion they have absolutely no idea when it will be back to normal. My whole internet was down for 5 days before that. Rang and went to the office and they just told me a pack of lies. Said they were coming out and never did. Said they would ring me back on three occasions and never did. Customer care and customer relations is non existant with them. I am seriously thinking of transfering to another company. Have been with EXTEND for 4 years now and have had no end of problems with them. Every time I go down to the office I always have strong words with them - but do they care - do they heck. As long as they are taking your money.....................!!!!!!!

cybel

Message Posted:
11/01/2011 11:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

I suspect that the server has been attacked as it was a couple of years ago, or has a terminal malfunction, the upshot is that they will have to replace the server, and they won't have one on the Island they can use, so they will be waiting for a replacement.

If they do replace the server then I think we will be loosing some of the mails, sent to it.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
11/01/2011 11:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

For the money we have to pay TRNC ISP's we may at least expect that their servers are mirrored with back-ups constantly - like in other countries where people pay a whole lot less for uninterrupted service and working help desks.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.