North Cyprus Tourist Board - North Cyprus Car going South
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > North Cyprus Car going South

North Cyprus Car going South

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

Translocating

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 10:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

I am coming to live in N Cyprus later this year. If I have a North Cyprus car (either bought there or imported from UK) what is further needed so that I can take it across the border? Does it have to be "imported" into the South as well? ie...another load of taxes etc!

Thanks

tomsteel

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 11:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

You will need to get South tax document (no charge) (take your car registration documents with you) at the Matehen crossing - lasts 1 year. Then separate 3rd party insurance from office next door to the tax document ofice, currently 25€ per month (minimum period). Providing you have a current tax document, you can get any additional insurance cover at any vehicle crossing when your cover expires. Passport and driving licence always useful when visiting these offices.

Translocating

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 13:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Thanks Tomsteel .... Sounds quite easy!

tomsteel

Message Posted:
05/02/2011 10:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Ref msg 3. I will be repeating the process next week as my RoC tax and insurance has expired and I need to pick up aged guests from LCA airport. I'll let you know if there any chnages to the system I described in msg 2.

tomsteel

Message Posted:
24/02/2011 08:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

For Translocating. Renewed car tax and insurance at Metahan. Once through GC Police check, stop car on right. Take your national driving licence (assumption is it is a UKDL), car registration book, passport (which was not looked at) and a smile to the office next to the police office. (Ensure you are there before 1330 hrs). The documentation takes a few minutes to complete at no charge. Take the piece of paper to the insurance office just along the row of buildings and ask for how long a period of insurance you want, hand over the cash, you'll then get the insurance cover certificate and your tax paper back. Good luck.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.