North Cyprus Tourist Board - 3g technical problem, yet again
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > 3g technical problem, yet again

3g technical problem, yet again

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

Babrew

Message Posted:
03/04/2011 13:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

After going to Turkcell, then a computer shop about previous issues with 3G not working on windows 7, they eventually got it to work on both my computer and on my friend's laptop.

The problem now is that once I swap it over, although my pc recognises the 3G, it wont start up to allow me to put in my pin, so I have to literally delete it and reload it, then it works. The problem with the laptop is that once I plug in the 3G it will not recognise it at all and so I cant re load it at all. Any ideas?

oceana

Message Posted:
03/04/2011 13:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

I had the similar problem, the usb wire that connected the modem to the laptop was not working. I changed it and it started working. Look at the usb wire, it may have opened up somewhere.

Babrew

Message Posted:
03/04/2011 14:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

oceana.........but there is nothing wrong with the usb wire as its working in my pc (its the same one of course). Its also recognised in the laptop (the sound goes ding dong) but nothing more happens no icon appears or the KKTC box, so I cant re load it.

oceana

Message Posted:
03/04/2011 14:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Mine was like that, it will make the noise to show that the modem is inserted but it will no open or recognise the blue box that allows you to write your password. If you have another usb wire, try that. It happended twice with mine. tha last usb wire I used was fine but it did not allow the box to open, so I changed it and now it's fine. Try it.

Babrew

Message Posted:
03/04/2011 21:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

ok will do.

Babrew

Message Posted:
04/04/2011 11:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

I did have another cable but no it didnt make any difference. Again on my PC this morning I had to delete the program and re load it, very frustrating and still not working at all on the laptop. Back to Turkcell I guess.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.