North Cyprus Tourist Board - No Deeds then stay friendly with the neighbours
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > No Deeds then stay friendly with the neighbours

No Deeds then stay friendly with the neighbours

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

Teresa

Message Posted:
03/05/2011 00:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

I have 2 neighbours both trying to get their houses on their land deeds but now the tapu are using a different measument system, instead of the old style beer cans and rope they are using satellite to get exact measurments, which is fine so long as you have built your house well within the boundry limits. If you have gone over into someone elses land they will have to give you a letter stating that they are aware and in our case that we built the wall joining our 2 properties. If your neighbours do not get on with you or if the land measument is far out then you might find yourself in big trouble. You can still get the deeds but they will have written in red at the tapu that there is a possible problem so when you come to sell that will show up on any searches.

This is serious and will cause lots of problems in the future so be warned, stay friendly with the neighbours and you might not have a problem but fall out with just one of then and your deeds will never be clear.

elko2

Message Posted:
03/05/2011 07:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

You may hire the services of an advocate to sort it out. Or is it "out of the frying pan into the fire"?

ismet

malsancak

Message Posted:
03/05/2011 08:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Tapu using GPS is great when it comes to finding a point on a modern map but can cause confusion when being used in relation with old maps where village roads were used as boundaries. For example, according to the old map my border is with the 3-4 meter wide village road which borders a drop into a ravine. It was then discovered that over time, since the map was drawn, the road had gradually dropped into the ravine and had been widened by cutting into my land. This meant that when a major tapu event in the area attempted to establish the borders of several plots it was established that according to the old map my border ended at the other side of the road so that I "owned" the road. Worse that this, my neighbour's garden turned out to actually be the old road because it had been diverted onto his neighbour's land.

So, perhaps the government should create some news maps first based on Gogglemaps and overlay the old maps so buyers can see where the plot they're buying really is?

Teresa

Message Posted:
03/05/2011 09:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Ismet i think the courts will be full of cases like this before long and Mal you know what it is like here they change the laws without thinking. On the measurments taken on the 2 houses near me it seems that we own more land then we thought but it goes onto evkaf land maybe one day we will claim it but for now i have more then enough to contend with, but for the 2 neighbours concerned it is going to cost them both a lot of money taking down stone walls and rebuilding within the allowed limits.

At the back of my house it seems i should have an extra 35.65 mtr length by 4.45 mtr deep which is a lot of land to lose.

wanderer

Message Posted:
03/05/2011 10:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Don't go to court one of the many uk disputes over inches of border land

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1279379/Widow-79-lose-home-WINNING-fence-dispute-neighbour-just-inches-land.html

Zoots

Message Posted:
03/05/2011 11:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

So presumably the British custom of use over time leading to ownership doesn't apply in north Cyprus?

MarkVPiazza

Message Posted:
03/05/2011 15:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

I think this is another case of the TRNC shooting themselves in the foot

When our land was measured, it transpired that we owned half the road, but the Tapu gave us a position to start building from that took the current road position into account - good old common sense from everyones point of view

Let's hope the "new toy" get's used with intelligence, the scenario mentioned above can benefit no one in the long term

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.