North Cyprus Tourist Board - Residency renewal due
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Residency renewal due

Residency renewal due

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

Jimbo51

Message Posted:
05/07/2011 14:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Mine and my wife's residency is due for renewal on the 21st of this month.I am waiting for post from the UK which will include our tenancy agreement so that it can be taken to the tax office to be stamped.I can then get all the necessary photostats etc. into Girne police station.I know we are cutting it fine but we have flights booked from Larnaca to Manchester on 4th Aug. In the event of our residency not being ready before 4th Aug will it be on record that we have applied or will the police give us a receipt to show that we are waiting for paperwork to be ready for our renewal.Any advice on this matter would be much appreciated.

Glorybee

Message Posted:
05/07/2011 14:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

We had a similar problem as we had to cross the border to take a friend back to Larnaca Airport. We had applied for our residency but didn't have the stamp in our passport. Anyhow, there wasn't a problem as our application for residency was on their computer and all was well. We were also advised at Girne Police Station that there wouldn't be a problem.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
05/07/2011 16:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

No problem at all. Left the country and returned twice last year (via Ercan) whilst waiting to pick up new stamp. They will just give you a 90 day stamp in your passport.

Jimbo51

Message Posted:
05/07/2011 17:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Thanks guys for the prompt reply.I will now sleep at night knowing that we will not be deported or put in prison!!!!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.