North Cyprus Tourist Board - Driving from Larnaca to Famagusta/Bogaz
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Driving from Larnaca to Famagusta/Bogaz

Driving from Larnaca to Famagusta/Bogaz

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Famagusta town North Cyprus

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

» North Cyprus Map

marielouise

Message Posted:
08/07/2011 20:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Everyone, can anyone tell me which is the easiest way to drive from larnaca airport to famagusta/bogaz ? I have rented a car and the co. have arranged all for me incl. the insurance for the north but i never driven from the south. Thanks a lot

gazza765

Message Posted:
08/07/2011 20:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Marielouise, not sure of the best route myself, but my sister in-law is sending it to me soon and i will post it on here for you. Would be interested who you booked your car with as I will be travelling from Larnaca to Bogaz soon so will be wanting to hire a car at Larnaca. Thanks

Harold2555

Message Posted:
08/07/2011 23:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

From the airport take the motorway towards Aya Nappa, go 3 turnings past junction 59 ( there are no more numbers) and turn left on B3 This goes straight to Famagusta border.through the British Sovereign Base. (Many roundabouts with barriers across the exits meaning you can only go straight over).

Harold

newscoop

Message Posted:
08/07/2011 23:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Follow the motorway to Dhekalia, at Dhekalia exit turn left, stay on this road for about 20 K's, continue on road through Ayios Nikolaos (SBA base) you are now at Black Knight border crossing. Proceed onward for about 4K's you end up at the main roundabout in Famagusta.

From there I assume you know the way.

MoonageDaydre

Message Posted:
09/07/2011 07:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

If you're going to Bogaz you will find it quicker to cross at Pyla/Beyarmudu (Pergamos).

I've done this drive several times and its very easy. From Beyarmudu drive straight on to Dortyol, then follow sign to Gazimagusa (that puts you on the main Nicosia-Famagusta Road). After a few miles you'll pass a petrol station and see a sign for a left turn to Dipkarpaz and Salamis. Turn off here and keep following the Salamis signs until you come to the coast road, then turn left towards Bogaz.

This way you avoid the traffic snarl ups in the north of Famagusta around Eastern Meditterranean University.

marielouise

Message Posted:
10/07/2011 06:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Thanks everyone for your advice ;-)

Gazza i booked my car through an agent that deals with Petsas.

I got the insurance sorted in advance and they have a counter in the airport.

I will post you tomorrow the agent email and you can contact them. I tried to double check with petsas on their rates directly and found them more expensive. I also got a free upgrade to a better car maybe because i am booking for 1 month.

carollynne

Message Posted:
10/07/2011 07:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Its better to go through Ay Nic crossing (Black Knight Gate) as there are lots of road closures and road words at Pyla crossing at the moment.

You need to take the Dhekelia turnoff which also says Xylotymbou on the road sign, then as Newscoop says, its just one straight road to Ay Nic

Carollynne

Libella

Message Posted:
28/09/2011 06:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Marielouise,

I am looking to make a journey from South Cypus to the North soon but am having difficulty finding a car hire firm that will allow me to take their car across the border. Could you please tell me who you booked through and seeing as you posted this in July, if you had any difficulties crossing.

Thanks

Jo

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.