North Cyprus Tourist Board - Border Crossings-pyla to ikea in south cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Border Crossings-pyla to ikea in south cyprus

Border Crossings-pyla to ikea in south cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cyprus Border Crossings

» See All Threads on Cyprus Border Crossings

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

sibz12

Message Posted:
18/07/2011 22:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to get to ikea on the south side of cyprus i know how to drive to larnaca but thats about it.i really need to go ikea and have no clue where to go.

if anyone can help me i will really appreciate it.

thank you.

ianwfs

Message Posted:
19/07/2011 00:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

If I remember correctly (It's been 4 years since I was there), at the large roundabout with the flyover where you take a right to join the Larnaca motorway, continue straight on. It's only a short distance, and you can't miss it.

Hippo

Message Posted:
19/07/2011 03:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Easy to go via Metahan- just go accross and follow the TC's supporting local buisinesses heading for the mall.

ozankoys

Message Posted:
19/07/2011 08:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Maybe sibz12 would prefer to go via Pyle?

From Larnaca district you need to get on the motorway signposted 'Lefkosia' follow this road it will join with the Limassol road maybe 3 junctions later you see a football stadium on your left, take the next turning it is signposted 'Troodos' and 'Kerynia' go down to the roundabout (it has coloured balls on it) take the 3rd exit, down to the traffic lights, turn left, left at the T junction you will come to the Cyprus Mall Ikea is the furthest shop from you.

MoonageDaydre

Message Posted:
20/07/2011 08:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

I went to Ikea twice from the Iskele area a few weeks ago, using both the Nicosia and Pyla crossing.

Believe me, the crossing through Pyla is much easier, you don't have to go through the heavy traffic in Lefkosha/Lefkosia, and its motorway all the way from Pyla. Plus of course Ikea is on the south side of Nicosia.

Simply cross the Green Line at Pyla, get onto the motorway signposted Lefkosia and Lemesol (Limassol), then after a few miles the road splits between the two destinations, follow the Lefkosia signs, after about 25 minutes you'll see the large football stadium (GSP), and just after that you'll see the Ikea sign and/or the signposts to 'Mall of Cyprus'.

Be aware of the Green Line regulations, and don't overdo the purchases, you don't want stuff confiscated at the crossing, Having said that, my experience is that the border police on the frontier at Pyla and Famagusta are much friendlier than those at Metehan. Another good reason for using the eastern crossings.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/07/2011 10:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

re msg 4

The 'Border' [ there IS no border - it is a UN designated crossing point ] Police at Pyla ( - well Pergamos) and the 2mile / four mile/ Black Knight / Ay. Nic crossing nr. to Famagusta are SBA Police - employed by the British and can be GC / TC.

They may / may not be 'friendlier' but they ARE more official and more rigorously enforce the Green Line regulations ...

MoonageDaydre

Message Posted:
21/07/2011 00:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

I was talking about the TRNC Border Police in msg 4 above.

If someone is going to Ikea in Nicosia they need to worry about the Green Line regulations coming INTO the TRNC not leaving it with an empty car! Around Xmas time many Turkish Cypriots had problems (mainly at Metehan) because of the amount of shopping they wanted to bring over form the south.

If you intend to buy a lot of stuff in Ikea, it might be better to have two people in the car (ie. double the allowance), and it may be worth making two trips. Better to do that than risk having goods confiscated.

sibz12

Message Posted:
21/07/2011 20:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

thank you for the information guys i will probably go via pyla as i live in magosa. and it will be 2 people in the car i think you cannot bring goods over £250 as far as i can remember.. is this rule for kktc citezens only? or for all nationalty?

so just to be correct i follow signs to lefkosia then i will see mall of cyprus signs...

MoonageDaydre

Message Posted:
22/07/2011 12:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Yes that's right, you may see the yellow Ikea sign at about the same time.

BTW Mall of Cyprus is nothing special - a glorified Arndale centre!

Groucho

Message Posted:
22/07/2011 12:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Msg 8, it's still up to 135 Euro of goods per person coming from South to North and this can't be combined, i.e no single item/receipt over 135 Euro. It's about double that going North to South. Electrical goods, dairy, meat, furniture and alcohol over 1 litre pp will be confiscated if found. More likely to be stopped at Metehan but not unheard of at Pyla.

Mrs G

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.