North Cyprus Tourist Board - Problems with 4meg ADSL
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Problems with 4meg ADSL

Problems with 4meg ADSL

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

khutch

Message Posted:
20/09/2011 09:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

Does anyone have trouble with streaming tv.I have a 4 meg adsl connection with sunny cyprus and am told that Turk telecom are putting a restriction on broadband on what can be viewed or not .I n particular with relation to an article in Cyprus Today regarding internet access in Turkey with different levels of access and censorship.My streaming seems to keep buffering and therefore making life very difficult indeed.

kbasat

Message Posted:
20/09/2011 10:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

There is no such thing, under normal circumstances, cyprus ISPs traffic should be excluded from any censorship or filtering that affects customers of Turkey.

However, if the ISP does not have its own registration with RIPE NCC (governing body for all providers in Europe), means that they do not have their own ip addresses and if this is the case and they take their IP addresses from Turk Telekom, it is then only possible to get affected by Telekom's policies. Regardless of the situation, the outcome is not the customer's or the Telekom's fault but the ISP's. Membership to RIPE costs only 2000Euros per annum.

ADSL do have it problems because it relies heavily on local telco's infrastructure, however, filtering or censorship is not one of those problems.

We sell 4 meg ADSL connection for 250TL/year, if you like to switch to an unrestricted service, you can call us at 0392 444 6629 or 0548 870 0226.

K.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.