North Cyprus Tourist Board - Pegasus failed to deliver yet again!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Pegasus failed to deliver yet again!

Pegasus failed to deliver yet again!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

diggy

Message Posted:
02/10/2011 19:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

It appears it is a waste of time pre booking extra leg room seats with pegasus, no matter how long before you book them. This was even confirmed today by the check in staff at Ercan. Every time we fly with Pegaus (which will have been 4 times this year via Ercan) we pre book extra legrom seats. On two of these occasions on our return flight from Ercan to Stansted we have been told that the seats have been re booked at Istanbul and are no longer available to us (computer problem!) same thing happened last year and the year before. What is the point of offerring a pre booking service that they are not willing to stand by. Shame they let themselves down, it is obvious that more competition is needed then the service may improve.

0maintenance

Message Posted:
02/10/2011 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

why am i not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clDyz_ENnvk

ed

cooper

Message Posted:
02/10/2011 19:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

I know it is of little consolation but if you keep your slip from your ticket issued on your return journey and contact Pegasus you should receive a refund.

tomsteel

Message Posted:
02/10/2011 19:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Diggy. Voice the complaint to the MD of Pegasus, as this appears to be an operating problem of long-standing. Being a 'stumpy - 172cms', extra leg room is not a high priority for me, being much more interested in price/times/airports etc. Whatever, I doubt your concern will be resolved on C44 Forum - IMHO.

dannyr

Message Posted:
02/10/2011 20:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

we had the same issue in june this year, no pre booked seats but after going to peg counter in ercan the refund was put on to our credit card.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
03/10/2011 19:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

We recently booked seats with Green Island Holidays (usually do it online but Pegasus were £100 more expensive than GI) and phoned them to pre-book exit seats (hubby 6'5). They told me that whilst they were happy to take my money, Pegasus do not honour these bookings and that they have been having problems all Summer. He also went on to say that it was taking them 3 months to get refunds for their customers. The advice was to get to Stansted really early (which we did) but unfortunately all the exit seats were gone. I am only glad that I am vertically challenged and therefore it is not a problem for me. Hubby not happy however!

cypbb

Message Posted:
03/10/2011 19:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

I flew with Pegasus once and that was enough, crap service, like the TRNC they want your money but not you....now i fly with Monarch i always get the service i paid for and yes that includes extra leg room...just a shame that i have to fly from Larnaca..

Im affraid if i paid for the leg room from Stansted i would demand that seat and let the person from Istanbul suffer as its only one hour...

davedee

Message Posted:
03/10/2011 20:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

I have only once had this problem, refused to move from check in until sorted, so let them be disappointed in Istanbul !! It worked.

smoggyjim

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 06:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Also had this problem 3 times this year will not book seats again

Hippo

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 07:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Ill tel you better one than that, got on in Istanbul our booking slips gave us two seats together, when we got on the plane one of the cabin staff was in one of the seats obviously in deep conversation with her friend.

With a cursory back handed wave we motioned one of us to find another seat.

With a cursory wave of a well known British gesture I replied.

Then another of the cabin staff came over and said its only till Cyprus, yes i said so it wont be long for her to wait to chat.

We won, but really who are they running that service for?

diggy

Message Posted:
29/10/2011 17:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Well still no refund from Pegasus and it's been ove r4 weeks now . Phoned them on a couple of ocasions and they are still looking into it.

kaiserphil

Message Posted:
29/10/2011 17:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Four weeks? We have been waiting and chasing since February!

bondi

Message Posted:
29/10/2011 18:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

27th October - our horror story started with the check in desk at Ercan, having booked a return flight through Green Island Holidays in UK, the flight out no problem, however, when it came to return at Ercan check in we were not on the passenger list - looking at our documentation we were advised to go to the Pegasus kiosk at the airport, again Pegasus couldnt find us on the list - comments such as green island have not forwarded your names for this flight. All in all we had to pay over the equivalent of £800 for two of us to get back to Stansted. There was no option they wouldnt honour the Green Island documentation.

UK Green island visited yesterday - they have taken copies of the documentation and said we would get a refund. I think it best that if you do have a return flight ticket it may be best to double check via green island to verify that you are on the flight list. I think its going to be a blame game here from Pegasus to green island and back again.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.