North Cyprus Tourist Board - HSBC cash machine problem
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > HSBC cash machine problem

HSBC cash machine problem

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Banks Related Threads posted so far

» See North Cyprus Interest Rates

philnles

Message Posted:
15/12/2011 13:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

Went to HSBC to use cash machine at 8.30 am this morning. Put my card in and nothing happened, no card returned. I went to the counter to be told "system down, maybe you wait til 10.00 am and then get card back" Please can we see your passport. No I don't carry my passport. I was then told I need to show my passport to get MY card back! I explained that I couldn't wait till 10.00 am, so I had to come home( Baspinar) and then return to the bank with my I.D. to get my card back, then after I approached the side counter I was told to sit in the queue, this was when I got pissed off. So I did not sit down, complained loudly,then a bit of paper was produced for me to sign, after showing my I.D. I was allowed to have MY card back ! still it only took 4 hours off my life. Why did they not put a notice on the bloody cash machine, would have saved a lot of grief.

Isabella

Message Posted:
15/12/2011 13:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

Yes they could have put a notice on the machine - maybe though it had only just happened we don't know.

Although it is quite annoying to have to return home to get ID, I would expect them to need ID before handing over a card. It could be that someone observed what was happening outside and was trying to get that card - they cannot take that chance.

Although inconvenient no one has been hurt so enjoy the rest of your day

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.