North Cyprus Tourist Board - BALI Holidays, hotels, best beaches
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > BALI Holidays, hotels, best beaches

BALI Holidays, hotels, best beaches

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about North Cyprus Holidays

» Book your North Cyprus Holiday online

» Book North Cyprus Hotels Online: Secure & Easy

» See All Forum Threads on North Cyprus Beaches

» Read about North Cyprus Beaches

» List of Beaches near Kyrenia North Cyprus

» List of Beaches near Famagusta North Cyprus

maria1

Message Posted:
11/01/2012 18:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Has anyone visited Bali. If so where would you suggest? also hotels.

mishmash

Message Posted:
12/01/2012 08:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Nusa Dua is a great base for staying at Bali allows for visits to Kuta etc etc Don't think you can beat the Melia Bali Hotel, no complaints each time we've stayed there fab

maria1

Message Posted:
12/01/2012 11:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Many thanks was one resort I had short listed. Are there plenty of restuarants near the hotel? Was not sure weather to stay ın Nusa Dua or Kuta.

Lots of questions to ask would you mind sendıng me an email to

abode@sunnycyprus.net

regards

Sandra

colly

Message Posted:
12/01/2012 11:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

maria1,

would need to know more about what kind of places you like. Kuta is very busy with lots of night life but it is like Ibiza for the Australians. Kuta is a good place to head for on the day of arrival and departure as it is close to the airport and the traffic can be bad, really bad which can make you miss a flight if you come from elsewhere.

It would be fair to say a large proportion of people like Nusa Dua and certainly it is where most of the hotels are, it also has very good beaches but you can get a lot more for a lot less elsewhere. For me the real Bali lies elsewhere, the places where when a local comes up to you to talk it is to practice English rather than sell you something, many hotels in Kuta have a man on the beach gate to stop hawkers entering from the beach.

Ubud is a place worth a visit and is considered the cultural capital, there are also many great eating places. If you want a bit of adventure you could stop in an home stay and experience

colly

Message Posted:
12/01/2012 11:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Cont,

Balinese hospitality.

You could also go into the mountains and experience a hotel with hot springs, they have private enclosures around the springs and you can have your drinks there. Do not wear good costumes as they will go yellow! http://www.bali-tours.com/hotel/yehpanes.html but shop around! The terraced rice fields around this area are also spectacular.

Another place we really liked was Pemuteran bay in the north, the beaches are not as good as the south but a lot less touristy. It has a small house reef but is next to the national park, which is a must for snorkelling on the reef. It also has a bit of jungle with mangroves, which is quite interesting.

colly

Message Posted:
12/01/2012 11:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Beach villas in the bay are very good value, you can get a massive luxury beach villa with private pool for the price of a standard room in Nusa Dua. More economical rooms are also available. It is like paradise. We have stayed in Taman Sari resort which was great but they also have Amertha Bali Villas which our son and girlfriend went to last November which they thought was fantastic. Prices start at $84 at Amertha an $67 at Taman Sari. I would recommend pushing the boat out and getting one of the better suites like Frog or Bird which are nearest the sea these are around the £160 mark. Massages are really cheap and are a great experience next to the sea.

Hope you have a good time, let me know if you give any a try.

Col

colly

Message Posted:
12/01/2012 11:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

sorry, link for Permuteran. http://www.balitamansari.com/

maria1

Message Posted:
12/01/2012 12:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Hı Col

Many thanks for your ınformatıon and lınkThere ıs a lot to cover ın a short space of tıme. Inıtıally we are stayıng wıth frıends for 2 nıghts ın Jakarta and then flyıng down to Balı for 15 nıghts. As the flıght from Istanbul ıs 16 hours we really wanted just a chıll out holıday but ıt ıs a long way to go for just a beach. I love temples etc and we would lıke a bıt of culture as well. As thıs wıll be our maın holıday for thıs year we dıd not want to be dashıng around so may do a 2 centre holıday. Not ınto really busy noısy places but obvıously do want a bıt of lıfe. Maın ıdea ıs to relax on a lovely beach wıthout any hassle, take a few boat trıps and enjoy good qualıty food. I take on board your comments for aırport as we wıll go straıght from w

beachsidebum

Message Posted:
12/01/2012 20:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Anywhere near Kuta Beach and you wont go far wrong.. Happy Holidays !!

colly

Message Posted:
12/01/2012 21:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Kuta is a nice beach often with good waves for surfing or body boarding . If you like it busy Kuta could be the place. Perhaps do a bit of both, touring is cheap with either jeep hire or hire a man and jeep to tour further afield. I think if you do not get io the heart of Bali you may as well go to destinations that are closer but that is just me.

mishmash

Message Posted:
13/01/2012 08:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Sandra will email you later

Kuta is good for a night out but as mentioned on the posts very busy especially for the young australians. Nusa Dua is a good base to visit from. Transport is cheap. Plenty of restaurants around the hotels in Nusa Dua, very nice ones too

Ailletoo

Message Posted:
13/01/2012 11:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Colly, your information is very well thought out, helpful and diplomatically presented. I am not even going to Bali and I followed the links and enjoyed my virtual tour of Bali. Well done for a very good post.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.