North Cyprus Tourist Board - WARNING - Immigration Office, Lefkosa
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > WARNING - Immigration Office, Lefkosa

WARNING - Immigration Office, Lefkosa

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about North Nicosia Cyprus

Taximax

Message Posted:
27/01/2012 10:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Just a warning to stop other people wasting their time!!!! Application for renewal of residency made in Girne on 11th Jnauary 2012 and was told to go to Lefkosa to collect it in "2 weeks". Stupidly only added an extra 2 days to the 2 week timescale. Got to the office early - did the usual wait until an official deigned to issue us with a number, eventually called into the inner sanctum only to be told that the application hadn't been received in Lefkosa yet, then sent to another two offices to be told exactly the same thing. The last official told use it was because of the Kibtek strike. When we asked when we should come back we were told "maybe one week, two weeks or a month".

Good Luck !

Taximax

Message Posted:
27/01/2012 11:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

BTT Please

judyr

Message Posted:
27/01/2012 11:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Out of interest when does yours run out? i.e. how far in advance do you need to reapply and will it be a problem if it does take a month? I applied for my first one last April and it expires in March so just wondered when I should start the renewal process.

CarrieRBag

Message Posted:
27/01/2012 11:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

I posted this on an earlier thread so sorry you did not see it but always worth ringing to see if your residency is ready.

"You want to speak with Canan (pronounced Janan). She is on; 03926111022. I rang just after 8am (and also after 3pm). She will ask for the police number which is just inside your passport front cover (very small). She is very helpful."

She will tel you A. If your residency has been received and B. If it is ready for collection.

mollycorbin

Message Posted:
27/01/2012 12:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

judyr,

I was told I could not make an application before 30 days out. Even though I was going to be out of country when it expired.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.