North Cyprus Tourist Board - Samar Express, Alsancak – Not a Good Start!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Samar Express, Alsancak – Not a Good Start!

Samar Express, Alsancak – Not a Good Start!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Supersnooper

Message Posted:
18/02/2012 12:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

...I noticed that the tinned tomatoes she had scanned had gone through the till at 1.50tl each, even though the advertising quoted the price as 1.25tl. More on http://northcyprusfreepress.com/2012/02/18/in-my-opinion-samar-express-alsancak-not-a-good-start/

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
18/02/2012 12:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

How sad am I ????? no not really always brought up to watch the pennys.

Super Snooper have you seen the tinned Cherry Tomatoes in KAR market Delicious actual whole little cherry tomatoes somthing really ridiculous like 59 Kuresh a tin. They are wicked.

MrsSnakes

Message Posted:
18/02/2012 12:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

JL, where is Kar market please?

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
18/02/2012 12:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Mrs Snakes, almost opposite Alkinar (The fireplace shop)

They have some very good specials from time to time.

Regards Lee

Supersnooper

Message Posted:
25/02/2012 12:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

went back to Samar again for the 8.55TL 24x toilet tissue offer, for the 5th time. This time I talked to what might have been the owner who gave me a shrug of the shoulders and an "out of stock" response. Fair enough, they're having stock issues. It must be difficult sourcing products which in their advert "we claim that we are the cheapest anywhere!!!" Picked up an unpriced 5L box of Rose wine I usually get for 24.95TL from Hur Deniz down the road. They put it through the till and it came up at 30.30TL. The owner being there I challenged him about this and again the shrug - cheapest anywhere my bottom! Won't waste my time going back and if others are experiencing the same and Samar doesn't keep its advertised promise then, in my opinion, they won't last long.

Tango1

Message Posted:
25/02/2012 14:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

I'm afraid you are coming across the pathetic (or do I mean corrupt) marketing practices of more and more of these "markets". I made a vow with myself that I would always shop at the smaller outlets in order to help the "owner/sellers" of goods in the TRNC, BUT after nearly 8 years I'm afraid I now go to the large supermarkets. If I truly think that something is wrongly or badly priced, you can call "the Boss" and the mistake is put right without argument. At least that's my experience.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.