North Cyprus Tourist Board - Building regulations in north cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Building regulations in north cyprus

Building regulations in north cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

rickheff

Message Posted:
27/02/2012 17:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

can anyone help or point me in the right direction please. i want to extend my house in upper kyrenia on the ground and first floor levels but this will take me to within 3 metres of my boundary wall - has this rule been relaxed or changed? also does anyone know what the ratio of covered space to plot size is in my area? finally has the rule that foreigners can only own up to 1 donum of land been changed?

blade

Message Posted:
28/02/2012 17:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Rick,

go down to the planning office.

They will tell you about build percentage ect. I think if i remember it will depend on where you live? They will tell you over all build down stairs then upstairs which is usually less.

I think the boundry thing still stands as far as i know. Not sure if is 3 meters though?

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
28/02/2012 18:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Have you got your Kochan? - If not the answer is NO!

blade

Message Posted:
28/02/2012 19:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Tenakoutou, is right. Never ever spend a penny on your house until you have your kochan in your name.

Sideways

Message Posted:
28/02/2012 22:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

You can own up to 5 donums but only have one property on it.

You cannot build or extend a habitable building within 3 meters of your boundary.

Things do change and of course money talks.

rickheff

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 15:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

thanks for info so far. yes i have my kocan and i agree that if one doesnt have it then do nothing. i have also been told that foreigners can own up to 3 donums rather than 5 and have one building on it. also the no-build 3 metre rule has been relaxed.

i hope to get something official from the planning dept via my lawyer on friday so if anyone wants to know the situation with regard to regulations in upper kyrenia i will gladly share them

birdman

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 21:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

I have one and a half donums' of land and have permission for two dwellings on the sight. I only want my own villa though. ( already built )

Gerry

blade

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 16:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Yes i think this depends again.

We have one donum and have our house and three other builidings on the land. They are all shown on the kochan. But our house is an old house not a new villa.

When the builder was here doing some work he thought we would have no problem in bulidng on the spare land what so ever. Again this may be a location thing.?

gates

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 17:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

if you have an old dwelling the amount of area around it makes is a passed area if it was perimitted buy the governing body

one thing you must remeber if you want to change anything to your building or land you must try and contact the person or Co that put in the first applecation this could intail CO,s and such also if the corespondese are dead Rob ya or you cant find it then wait 5 yrs and think again or in between time do what you want

thats what they all do here then complain

waiting for yours

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.