North Cyprus Tourist Board - What is there for 14-16 year olds on hols apart from going to beach?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > What is there for 14-16 year olds on hols apart from going to beach?

What is there for 14-16 year olds on hols apart from going to beach?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Forum Threads on North Cyprus Beaches

» Read about North Cyprus Beaches

» List of Beaches near Kyrenia North Cyprus

» List of Beaches near Famagusta North Cyprus

brother

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 13:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 17 in Discussion

I am struggling to organise a trip where going to the beach is not a realistic option due to time of arrival.

It is easier for adults to sit by a pool and read but I am struggling to also facilitate for 14-16 year olds (girls) on a visit to NC prior to summer season.

We looked at renting a villa around Bogaz near Famagusta and only found 3 - which was surprising. We don't want to use the "Artemis" type of hotels as it isn't our scene (!). It seems it is going to be really tricky this time

The added stress of trying to also cater for an elderly relative who cannot accommodate us when we visit AND the differing tastes of siblings with their own children who live on the island makes holidaying an absolute nightmare.

Am I the only one in this world with such complicated issues when visiting the place where they were born.......?

Any sensible insights would be greatly appreciated.

rocky

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 14:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 17 in Discussion

Viist the major towns look at and investigate the history Farmagusta, Lefkosa, Girne take them up the Karpas take them to Vuni, Soli, Salamis, all ancient ruins, the castles, the churches eg Antiphonitius unless they are like many teenagers pretty dumb and only interested in I Pods and Macdonalds...plenty of info on the internet do some research, if in turtle egg laying season get on that beach late at night with the guides and watch the egg laying............

pammick

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 14:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 17 in Discussion

It would make more sense for you to stay in the Girne area, where there is more choice for the youngsters. There is the ten pin bowling on the Girne by pass, jeep safari and mountain biking and go carting. Of course, all of these activities cost extra cash, but what normal teenager doesn't cost a fortune to entertain?

Good luck!!

Pam

Micho

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 14:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 17 in Discussion

Activities could be

1) King Pin Bowling Center

2) Paintball in Lefkosa, sorry can't remember the name. Maybe someone reading this would know.

3) Go-karting: there's two; one on the Near East Uni road and the other when going from Lefkosa to Guzelyurt road.

Hope this helps..

brother

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 15:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 17 in Discussion

Thanks to all those who took the time to consider my plight (!) I appreciate the ideas you have shared.

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 15:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 17 in Discussion

Get them to walk up to the top of Hillarion Castle wonderful view from there.

Sandcastle

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 15:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 17 in Discussion

Go carting is fab for kids that age and adults with them. Not that expensive either. you'll probably do it more than once!!

There is also a bowling ally not far from there.

Depending on when your comming, go up to the karpaz and look at staying in one of the bungalows to watch the turtles nesting.(May / June)

Go to Famagusta beach near the ghost town. If you are lucky you will swim with turtles. There are also pedlos and canoes to take out. Again quiet cheap.

Famagusta old town has some lovely shops including handbags and ice-cream (Mardos)! Every 14 and 16 year old girls idea of heaven!

There is also Ice bowling in Famagusta although never been.

Going to Kantara Castle behind Bogaz is another good afternoon out. As are the Salamis ruins.

Sandcastle

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 15:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 17 in Discussion

The Go-karting and paintballing are on the road from Bogaz to Famagusta near the Golden lions. Turn right for Go-Karting or turn left and go behind the Golden lions for Paintballing.

There is also the market in Famagusta which I think is on a Thursday. Great for fruit and veg for you but loads of cheap clothes for them.

Hippo

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 15:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 17 in Discussion

If they are anything like our kids were at that age they will have already worked out an agenda and the best ways to avoid you and do their own thing.

Vidal

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 16:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 17 in Discussion

I'd rent them a beach hut..stock em up with crisps and fizz and leave them to it.

All they will do is sit and text their best mates and moan that there is no internet.

Then drive off very fast!

If anyone hasnt experienced the joy of a teenager..I have one available....

FREE!

kiwikid

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 20:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 17 in Discussion

There is also a diving centre in bogus, run by a lovely lady. Diving is great at that age and if they like the discover dive they could do a course and that will cover 4 days of there holiday.

Pippie

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 20:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 17 in Discussion

KAR are advertising on here for volunteers. You could have a drive up there and take a few of the dogs out for a walk and see what else they can do to help out there. Then not only will you be keeping them busy but you'll be doing something worthwhile at the same time!

brother

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 20:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 17 in Discussion

Vidal, your idea made me laugh as it reminded me of a TV sketch where John Bishop (UK comedian) takes his teenagers on holiday. When they arrive at the hotel they all go in while he is unloading all the luggage. When he finally gets to the room he finds the kids sitting on the bed and looking really glum. He asks them what's wrong and they point at the TV and say its not very good as they can't turn it on. He takes one look at the TV and tells them there is nothing wrong with it - it's just an old telly where you actually get up, walk to it and press a button every time you need to do something !

Anyway, I'm sure we will be fine if I take up some of the ideas from here

Babrew

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 20:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 17 in Discussion

How about taking them up to KAR and walking dogs round 5 fingers.

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 22:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 17 in Discussion

There also are waterparks here which my teenaged grandsons love to visit.

Paintballing is also at Sunset in Lapta

You are probably more concerned than you need to be. Teenagers want everyone to worry about keeping them happy - but would actually rather amuse themselves most of the time (as long as it's legal!)

Just relax and enjoy your holiday. It's not just about the kids, it's your holiday too.

Also, when my teenagers come, they are not allowed to bring their Blackberries or DS's - they instead play cards, and Uno and dominoes and darts. They actually do enjoy the rest from the technology and their mates.

negativenick

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 18:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 17 in Discussion

drinking perhaps ??

PotterBarnNC.

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 09:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 17 in Discussion

Paint their own pottery?!! I know teenage girls find this very relaxing and a perfect time for a good chat

Opening in 2 weeks near Metehan crossing, Lefkosa.

http://www.facebook.com/potterybarnNC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.