North Cyprus Tourist Board - Hire or buy a car in N.Cyprus - want to cross border occassionally
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Hire or buy a car in N.Cyprus - want to cross border occassionally

Hire or buy a car in N.Cyprus - want to cross border occassionally

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cyprus Border Crossings

» See All Threads on Cyprus Border Crossings

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

Aeyeofspirit

Message Posted:
07/09/2010 20:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Hi I know there are many posts about this issue but bear with me

We have rented a place from 1st Oct in Girne for 6months & we need a car. When out there in August we were offered a couple of cars to buy - 1 for £7000 (fairly new Suzuki Jeep with AC & automatic & has 3mo tax & insurance) & 1 for £2000 (older car - get us from A-B)

Told we can sell car-on potentially for what we paid for it) if we decide to return to UK at end of 6months - but we could be stuck in UK trying to sell a car in N.Cyprus

However also advised that it would be better to rent initially - especially as rentals are fairly cheap in the 'winter months' & if we take out a long-term contract - BUT am aware that depending on the rental firm we may have difficulty with going over border to South (have friends there)

So a dilemma & advice would be appreciated

bigbadbob

Message Posted:
07/09/2010 22:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Anne glad to hear you are still going to trnc,if you were in uk i would be able to advise you properly but my motortraders instincts tellme you should rent for 1 month by which time you should know whether you intend to stay out there and if so then buy.by the way Wendy and I are looking to come out again early October.Bigbadbob.

Aeyeofspirit

Message Posted:
13/09/2010 15:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Bob & Wendy

Will cu then - as we said u can stay with us if you like - either way you can at least visit us or we can meet for a meal

In mean-time I hope I can get the e-mail up & running quickly so we can stay in touch.

I did put out my home e-mail on a different post (looking for rental property) by mistake (didn't know you shouldn't - so you could find it if you look

Anne

Stewart

Message Posted:
13/09/2010 16:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Hi....hire a car from the south...you will then have complete freedom of the island...email via stus@fsmail.net

if you would like a recommended company

malsancak

Message Posted:
13/09/2010 16:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

what we did at the beginning, because we couldn't get a decent long term rental deal, was rent for a week for around a £100, then have them take it back for a week when we lazed about in doors and close by the villa. After doing this a few times we got a £10 per day deal for 3 months. Eventually we bought a 1994 Renault Broadway for £2750 and it's still going well 5 years later. We're told we'd probably get £2000 back on it because it's only done about 80,000 miles.

CarrieRBag

Message Posted:
13/09/2010 16:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

No rental cars from the North are allowed into the South but you can bring certain rental cars from the South to the North so I guess you will have to buy one.

nfl21

Message Posted:
13/09/2010 16:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Popular fashion UGG Boots

http://www.mybuypro.co.uk/footwear-boots-c-167_170_284.html

Authentic UGG Boots IN STOCK with Low Price Guarantee and Free Shipping! Read customer reviews on UGG Boots. Make Footwear etc. your official website for

UGG sale, 100% secure shopping. Included: ugg australia, uk ugg, women ugg boots, ugg chestnut, ugg sheepskin boots. It Is best ugg boots online store

Cheers

Mybuypro Team

malsancak

Message Posted:
13/09/2010 16:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

I suppose you could use UGG boots instead???

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.