North Cyprus Tourist Board - Best and cheapest way to send money from TRNC to English bank account
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Best and cheapest way to send money from TRNC to English bank account

Best and cheapest way to send money from TRNC to English bank account

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Banks Related Threads posted so far

» See North Cyprus Interest Rates

MsGarnet

Message Posted:
26/01/2009 03:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Already have an HSBC account in England. Is it best to open an account with HSBC in Kyrenia to transfer monies into U.K. HSBC account? Can one set up a regular monthly direct debit for instance, paid into HSBC account in Cyprus to end up in UK account - can that be done? Is it cost effective? What are the charges, and how long does it take to leave Cyprus and show in UK account. How much does one lose if paying in TL and it being converted to Sterling on the way, or does one have to pay in Sterling in the first place (I am in UK right now). Is there a better and more cost effective way to transfer money to UK from Cyprus on a regular basis that anyone would recommend.

Sideways

Message Posted:
26/01/2009 12:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

If you have a HSBC premier account in Girne, you can convert your HSBC account to a premier account in the U.K. at no cost. The benifits are; no charges for transfering from one account to the other. 90 days worldwide travel insurance per year (free) and the use of their airport lounges.

Once you account is set up in Girne, you can use the internet to change TL to Sterling and then transfer it.

MsGarnet

Message Posted:
26/01/2009 13:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Thanks for that advice Sideways

Stewart

Message Posted:
26/01/2009 14:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

I use HSBC in NC and the UK, I transfer money both ways using my accounts via the net, cheap and very quick ( transactions done within about an hour )

would highly recommend setting up your accounts for use on the net

for further help advice...contact me via stua@fsmail.net ( subject: North Cyprus )

MsGarnet

Message Posted:
26/01/2009 14:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Thanks Stewart - will contact you if any probs.......

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.