North Cyprus Tourist Board - copy of birth certificate in trnc any advice?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > copy of birth certificate in trnc any advice?

copy of birth certificate in trnc any advice?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

lulubell

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 20:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 23 in Discussion

Hi

Just wondered if anyone on the forum could give me some advice or help if you have also done it on obtaining a copy of a birth certificate in the trnc. I have lost it due to numerous moves and need to get my parents copy. If anyone could tell me the address of the office if i remember rightly think it in nicosia, and also phone number if anyone has it, all info and advice greatly appreciated as will be over in 3 weeks and have to try and ort it out then

thanks everyone.

fire starter

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 20:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 23 in Discussion

hi lulubell

check out the british embassy website, they should have the info you need.

lulubell

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 20:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 23 in Discussion

hi firestarter

ok will do but they were born in trnc, so i think i would have to obtain it there from there records? im not really sure.

thanks

fire starter

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 21:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 23 in Discussion

i will ask a tc friend for you tomorrow, if that helps?

lulubell

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 21:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 23 in Discussion

oh thanks so much fire starter that would be great, a big help. Im over on the 25th and have so much to sort out schools,house etc that if i can arm myself with as much info before leaving might not have to do as much running around.

once again thanks

britvic

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 22:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 23 in Discussion

Lulubell, did you manage to get your container sorted out?

lulubell

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 22:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 23 in Discussion

hi britvic

yes thank you i contacted both olaytrans and valentine

i was very happy with both but had a great quote from olaytrans and will go with them.. really much cheaper then dolphins..

so one more thing crossed off the long list of to dos,!!

hope all is well with you

thanks

livethedream

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 22:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 23 in Discussion

Lulubell - sorry if I'm being a bit thick but are you saying you need your mum and dad's birth certificates or your own?

If you are saying you need your mum and dad's in order to get your kimlik card, then you don't - all you need is your own full birth certificate which will show the place of birth of your mum and dad. If you need your own, you will need to get a replacement from your own place of birth, ie. the place your birth was registered.

As I say, sorry if I'm misunderstanding you!

ltd

lulubell

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 22:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 23 in Discussion

Hi Ltd

Yes i need one of my parents birth certificates as they were born in trnc, indeed for my kimlik card. You say i dont need it? Can you tell me a bit more about it,have you also done this and any idea on what is needed?

thanks alot

livethedream

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 22:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 23 in Discussion

Hi Lulubell

I haven't done it, but my husband has. When he got he's kimlik card he just had to have his birth certificate, which showed his mum and dad's information -such as where they born and their names, they were both born in what is now the ROC - as I assume your parents were.

Any further advice you need, please email me, and I'll help if I can.

Regards

ltd

rollinbones

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 22:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 23 in Discussion

Hi Lulubell

I have just gone through this with my wife for her kimlik, you need your birth cert, the large one with both your parents on it, if it is a kktc one you can obtain copies of these in the same building on the second floor, its the same building as the residency one in Nicosia. You will also need any marriage certs for you and you parents, or any other forms to show anything different like divorce. you will need 6 ytl in stamps and about 50 tl on the day for a payment.

In fact you need every form you can get your hands on so bring them all. Just to let you know they are not processing any kimliks from the 17th Feb till 2 months after the election in April..

Hope this helps

Tony

lulubell

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 23:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 23 in Discussion

Hi rollinbones

thanks so much for that, ok i will prepare myself with all documents i have all apart from one birth certificate of my father. I wasnt sure if i needed it as all details are on my birth certificate. Ok so basically i can get it all done in the one building, is that right? Will have the money and also where can i buy the stamps from and what ones should i buy? also did your wife need passport sized photos?

Oh thats great that they are not processing any kimliks but do you think i can go to the office and fill it all out and apply as i am only there for 1 week?

just my luck to come when they are not processing!!!

thank you so much for all your help and advice is a life saver for me

natascia

lulubell

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 23:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 23 in Discussion

hi ltd

thanks for that and all the info supplied only one of my parents was born in trnc famagusta, other in london. Do you think this would make things more complicated as your husbands parents where both from cyprus does this make a difference do you know?

thanks

natascia

rollinbones

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 23:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 23 in Discussion

You will need originals with you of everything, Passport to and six photo's, the stamps you can get at any post oofice ir the cafe in the building. you will be able to apply when you come but you may have to wait a few months for it to get to you. You will also need several copies of everything too. Just in case bring everything.

Oh and you will need a letter form the muhtar as well, to prove your address.

lulubell

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 23:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 23 in Discussion

really rollinbones you need a letter from the muhtar, i hadnt heard this, as i am not living there yet. I thought being turkish cypriot it was relatively straight forward to apply. So basically you have to be living in trnc to apply for kimlik card is that right? ok thank you for all info i have made a note and i am now armed with all the help, although i am now doubtfull as to whether it is going to be possible or easy when im over. Yes if i could apply for it when im there and have to wait a while that would be fine. Also address will be a stumbling block as house is not finished and do not have an actual address YET... Do you know if there is any circumstance where they dont need you address?

thanks once again for all the help given

natascia

rollinbones

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 23:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 23 in Discussion

you don't have to live here to apply, my dad got one and he lives in the uk, the letter from the muhtar was asked for us, but they can and do change the rules here, for no reason..

good luck with it anyway...

sylvie

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 10:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 23 in Discussion

rollinbones,

did you exprience to get a kimlik card ? because my husband TC , living abroad applied for one - in fact they want original birth certificate, that's right, but no letter of muhtar for him !

lulubell

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 19:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 23 in Discussion

hi firestarter

just wondered if you managed to talk to your tc friend re kimlik card and if there was any other information in addition to whats been posted.

thanks alot

natascia

ukturk

Message Posted:
03/02/2009 03:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 23 in Discussion

hi lulubell

from wot i know if one of your parents are turkish cypriot their offspring will have no problems in obtaining their citizenship and the process is quite easy especially if you are women (not saying u r not by ur display pic u look all women to me!!! lol) men have got it a bit harder cos they have to do their national service or pay them off

concerning your dads kibris birth certificate is obtainable either in lefkosa or in central london or if your dad has his kimlik number you can present this and get a copy of his cert easily obvisouly with your dad present or if has not got this and he has registerd his british passport all you will need is this

if you need further help i can always ask my mum who recently obtained her kibris birth cert so she can get her kimlik

hope this helps princess

warm regards

ukturk

lulubell

Message Posted:
03/02/2009 10:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 23 in Discussion

hi ukturk

thanks for message,im hoping that it will be straightforward so i keep my fingers crossed. yes i think i will try and obtain a copy from lefkosa might be easier.

anyway have sent email to your email address have couple of questions to ask.

thanks for all your help and advice

take care

natascia

sylvie

Message Posted:
03/02/2009 11:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 23 in Discussion

hello erkan,

nice to hear from you - your good advices are missing !!!!

ukturk

Message Posted:
03/02/2009 17:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 23 in Discussion

hi guys

thank you sylvie nice to hear from you asell

no probs natascia im glad i can help a bit, thats cool u can contact me anytime you want my email door is always open especially to young pretty ladies!!! lol

warm regards

erkan

fire starter

Message Posted:
04/02/2009 20:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 23 in Discussion

hi lulubell

i have tried her phone for 2 days now, i think maybe she is in the uk.

just bring all your paperwork with you, go and ask in girne policestation they will know , what you have to go and what you will need. and where to obtain it.

i'm sure there is a record of your parents here anyway.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.