North Cyprus Tourist Board - Swimming Pools - Aligator v Floatron
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Swimming Pools - Aligator v Floatron

Swimming Pools - Aligator v Floatron

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Swimming Pool threads posted so far

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
05/02/2009 08:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 62 in Discussion

I am trying to decide which system to go for and whilst I have seen many comments on previous threads re Aligator I haven't seen any on Floatron. If anyone has either of these can they please let me know if they are happy with them and would recommend either, I would like to know the pros and cons for each ie costs of installation, running costs, efficiency etc. I would appreciate any information. Thanks

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
05/02/2009 09:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 62 in Discussion

The Aligator and the Floatron work on the same principle in that they convert electricity into silver/copper oxide by cathodic action between two electrodes, over which the pool water passes.

The Floatron is powered by a photovoltaic cell and is limited in output by the size of the pV cell and available sun light.

The Aligator works on mains electricity and the output is calibrated to run according to the size and demands of the pool.

Consequentyl, the Floatron has a limit to which it can work and it must be supplemented by chlorine to be totally effective.

The Aligator has adequate output for most sized pools and needs only 0.8ppm chlorine (drinking water standard) to act as an oxidiser to give clarity and sparkle to the water.

The Floatron has a capital cost of about 300 pounds and a zero running cost other than the electrode replacement. The Aligator has a capital cost of 850 pounds (including installation) and a running cost of about 10p per day, plus the cost of electrodes.

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
05/02/2009 10:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 62 in Discussion

Hi trncvaughan, Thanks for the info, we have a 12x4 metre pool with depths from 1.2 to 2.0 metres, would the floatron work efficiently with this size?

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
05/02/2009 11:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 62 in Discussion

Hi Scoobydoo,

Your pool contains about 84,000 litres of water, including your balance tank (if you have one).

The Floatron will work within its limitations and these are determined by the size of the pool, the amount of sunshine available, the bather load (number of people in the pool and what they do in the pool - kiddie piddle) and the chemical balance of the water, particularly the Total Alkalinity and Cyanuric Acid levels. Under "ideal" circumstances I am sure it will work well in an 8x4m pool but will become steadily less effective as the pool size gets bigger. As it becomes less effective more chlorine will be required.

An Aligator can be adjusted to operate up to 200,000 litres which covers your pool easily. An Aligator is not dependant on sunshine hours but is dependant on the other items which effect the Floatron. However, by increasing the output of the Aligator, increased chlorine is not be necessary.

robbie c

Message Posted:
05/02/2009 13:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 62 in Discussion

Ive been running 2 floatrons on a 10x5 x2metres to 2.8 metres deep.They work quite well but as Vaughn says keeping up the copper levels is along with the Ph and low level Clorine paramount. I developed Mustard Algea and introduced a algiside to combat this as recommended by a "Certain Pool Engineer"near Catalcoy and the water turned cloudy for nearly 3 months dispite trying everything.You can only add certain algisides to this type of system.Ive been using Jolly Gel as a floculant which has finaly almost cleared it now Good luck with your quest

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
05/02/2009 13:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 62 in Discussion

Thanks Robbie C, appreciate your time and comments.

Trncvaughan,

1. We have a skimmer pool and not an overflow - can't be doing with the pigeons bathing at the side of the pool!

2. Predominantly it will only be a couple of adults using the pool, no kiddie piddle.

3. Robbie C in message 5 uses 2 floatrons, is this acceptable in our size of pool and do you sell floatrons or only th aligator system?

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
05/02/2009 14:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 62 in Discussion

Hi Scoobydo,

You could try one Floatron and if thats not enough, add another one later.

We sell both Floatrons and Aligators.

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
05/02/2009 14:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 62 in Discussion

Thanks trncvaughan,

As you sell both products can I ask you that if you had a choice for your own pool of the size of ours, which would you choose?

Or would you consider another option?

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
05/02/2009 15:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 62 in Discussion

I'd go for the Aligator. There are other options, like UV and ozonators but silver/copper oxide is tried and tested.

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
05/02/2009 15:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 62 in Discussion

thanks trncvaughan will get back to you

nostradamus

Message Posted:
05/02/2009 15:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 62 in Discussion

Floatron will work very effectively in a pool up to 150,000 litres. The only replacement part needed for a Floatron is a new mineral electrode. My knowledge of Floatron is such that I know that an electrode will last in the hard water here for approx 1 year. Replacement cost is around 40 GBP at present. Algae cannot survive in the ionised water produced by the Floatron system and your reduction in chlorine use should be at least 80%. This is largely dependant on the number of people using the pool.

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
05/02/2009 15:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 62 in Discussion

is there anyone out there who is currently using the aligator system? How do you find it? Easy and economical? Another option given to us is the Aqua Blue system, anyone have this fitted?

negativenick

Message Posted:
05/02/2009 16:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 62 in Discussion

scoobie - i went through all this hogwash while i waited for my villa to be built...

I'd save yourself a lot of money and faffing around and use good old chlorine from poolsatsan in Lefkosia.

Nick

robbie c

Message Posted:
05/02/2009 16:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 62 in Discussion

Scoobydoo if you want to try the Floatron system ive got 2 over here including a spare electrode they are for sale at £250.00 if you want to give it a go

you can phone me on 05338403348

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
05/02/2009 17:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 62 in Discussion

Thanks Nick.

Robbie C, I may come back to you but at the mo we are still deciding which way to go.

Have you given up with the floatron system?

properperson

Message Posted:
05/02/2009 18:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 62 in Discussion

scooby, Nick is right. Chlorine is cheap and easy and does exactly what it does on the tin. The advice you'll get to the contrary is from people looking to sell you some wizz bang system. We have had a pool for 5 years, using chlorine and no probs at all.

johnboy

Message Posted:
05/02/2009 19:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 62 in Discussion

i had a floatron - far to much hassle cleaning the electrode and very messy (if the green gunge it produces gets on your hands, it is very dificult to remove).

i'd stick to chlorine if i were you.

kibsolar

Message Posted:
05/02/2009 21:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 62 in Discussion

The real name of this thread must be

Aligator v Floatron v Necon

Our opinion: forget about floatron. It’s a toy.

to achieve a correct copper level in your pool, you have to put the copper into the pool and replace the evaporated and backwash water as well.

permanentely a certain amount of copper disappears from the electrode.

now you can calculate of how much copper (and silver) you need to do the job properly.

http://www.aligator.co.uk/

states “...saving chemical use by up to 75%..."

in this hot country a 30% are more to be believed.

A 0,8 ppm level of chlorine must be achieved and the other chemical also need to be added and controlled .

Just click and see whether you can manage to handle an aligator.

Necon.de is expensive, easy to handle and the only one which does not need chemicals in addition.

if you go for a low price, than use chemicals

Bblondie

Message Posted:
05/02/2009 23:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 62 in Discussion

Just thought I would let you know I have an Aligator in my pool have had it for the last 9 months and am so pleased with it, it does everything that the brochure say's it does. It was supplied through Octopus Pools and it was only in the pool a week and you could notice the difference, every bit of green algae in the skimmers, on the lights and the main drain cover just disappeared and the fact that it runs only three hours twice a day is a great saving on the electricity. The water quality is different it was a pleasure to get into the pool every day, as such a small amount of chlorine is required I had no dry skin and no rotting swim suits, I basically had it fitted as I have small grand children and the eldest has eczema which can be aggrevated by chlorine now I have no worry's as I know that the Aligator is looking after my pool.

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
06/02/2009 07:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 62 in Discussion

Hi Bblondie, thanks for your comments. One of the reasons for thinking of alternative pool cleaners is so that I can possible use the backwash water on the garden as I was told by gardening shops that ordinary chlorinated pool water cannot be used without there being some detrimental effect on the plants eventually ie they die! Do you recycle your backwash water into the garden and is it ok?

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
06/02/2009 12:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 62 in Discussion

Hi Negative Nick and properperson,

You are both right. Chlorine is the original and stongest pool sanitzer going. Thats because it does two jobs at once - kills germs and oxidizes suspended solids at the same time. It does exactly what it says on the tin. The reason it is so good is because it is an extremely aggresive hazardous chemical that requires careful handling and management. If chlorine is administered in your pool by hand there can be times where you have too much chlorine or too little, both of which are undesirable. The advantage of systems like Floatrons, Aligators etc., is that, once commissioned correctly, they are automatic in operation and maintain adequate levels of sanitizer. Both Floatrons and Aligators need chlorine but at very low levels, typically 0.8ppm as against 2-3ppm when you use chlorine on its own, and then it is only needed as an oxidizer not as a sanitizer. If the chlorine level falls too low you may get a cloudy pool, but not an unhealthy one.

kibsolar

Message Posted:
06/02/2009 14:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 62 in Discussion

hi scoobydoo, no, its not ok!

hi Vaughan, iam right as well

chlorine might be the "original" but not strongest pool sanitizer going.

a 2-3 ppm level is needed to keep a pool somehow "clean"

even with that level it does not even kill all germs and on top a lot of viruses are resistant against chlorine. thats a fact.

chlorine is highly toxic, causes several illnesses and in many countries they are thinking seriously of banning it. thats the second fact.

Copper does the better job with 0,5 to 1 ppm plus silver on a much much lower level, kills all germs and viruses and is harmless. backwash for the garden is ok.

only the kindly mentioned "etc." system, Necon, does put enough copper into a pool that you can avoid additional chemicals.

thats, too, is a fact.

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
06/02/2009 15:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 62 in Discussion

properperson,

You are correct about chlorine being cheap and easy - it is also extremely effective, but that's not the point. The point is that it is a very aggressive chemical - we know that because of what it does to our eyes, skin and hair in the short term and what it does to our swimming costumes and towels in the long term. Ask anyone with psoriasis or eczema what it's like to swim in a chlorinated pool. If you only swim in a chlorinated pool on your holidays you may not be getting too much exposure to the effects of chlorine, but if you live here and swim in your own pool all summer long, for a number of years, you may feel it might be better to swim in something a little less less deleterious. The point of Floatrons, Aligators and Necons is that they use copper and silver oxide which is harmless to people, instead of chlorine, to sterilize your pool.

kibsolar

Message Posted:
06/02/2009 16:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 62 in Discussion

its worth than that, vaughan.

a single swim in chlorinated water can cause stomach upset and diarrhoea (it wasnt the restaurant yesterday evening, it was your pool!!!), asthma and also spontanious abortion and stillbirth. and please..., dont drink it!! (tell this your kids)

on the long run chlorine is linked to cancer (due to trihalomethanes), heart deseases as heart attacks and even strokes.

"adding chlorine to water is a time bomb"

thats why i opt for non chlorine and non chemical, why i opt for Necon.

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
06/02/2009 18:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 62 in Discussion

is there any system that allows you to safely use the back wash water for the garden or am i barking up the wrong tree altogether?

kibsolar

Message Posted:
06/02/2009 18:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 62 in Discussion

no, you dont, scoobydoo.

the only system which allows you to use your backwash for the garden is http://www.necon.de

contact us, if interested, via member info

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
06/02/2009 21:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 62 in Discussion

Hi scoobydoo,

Backwash water should be settled in a recycling tank and once the crud has settled-out it can be put back in the pool or, if you must, on the garden. This applies to all backwash water with the proviso that backwashed chlorinated water should not be put on tender/young plants.

negativenick

Message Posted:
06/02/2009 21:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 62 in Discussion

mess 21 - good points Vaughan...

Nick

kibsolar

Message Posted:
06/02/2009 22:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 62 in Discussion

msg 28: nice idea vaughan.

having another 2 to 5 tons tank in the garden, another pump, more costs, more trouble.

what are you doing with the slush?

actually your suggestion does NOT apply for necon back wash water. no "recycling tank" needed. just water your plants.

gary-monger

Message Posted:
06/02/2009 22:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 62 in Discussion

a few of my neighbours are backwashing back into their balast tanks, then putting the pools on re-circulate for a few days until the "sludge" sinke to the bottom.

Kinda makes sense.

Gaz

keithcaley

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 01:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 62 in Discussion

Msg 30,

Not tried it, 'cos I think that the sludge would get stirred back up when you switched back to 'overflow' - by the water streaming out of the channel into the ballast tank...

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 07:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 62 in Discussion

And there was me trying to do something for the environment and save water by recycling. I guess i thought wrong!!!!

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 08:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 62 in Discussion

Keith is right. Backwashing into your balance tank is risky at worst and at best you'd have to drain it completely and dig all the sludge out eventually.

the cat

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 08:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 62 in Discussion

Hi can anybody give me a guide to what price range we are talking about for the Necon system, Alligator, and the Floatron systems, if they were to be installed in a 10m x 5m pool.

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 10:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 62 in Discussion

Take a look at message 2 for price of Floatron and Aligator. I'm sure Kibsolar will give you the price of the Necon, but you better be sitting down when he does.

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 12:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 62 in Discussion

Trncvaughan, I believe you install aquablue, is the alligator system better than this? How much is it?

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 12:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 62 in Discussion

scoobydoo,

Aquablue is a salt water chlorinator and we do still supply and install them, although we now tend to recommend Aligators instead for three main reasons.

1. Aquablue is a chlorine system and runs at 3ppm just like any hand chlorinated pool. Aligator runs at 0.8ppm - about the same concentration as drinking water in the UK.

2. Chlorinators suffer scaling badly in the extremely hard water in TRNC. We have been running an Aligator here for nearly a year with no adverse effects.

3. The cost of an Aquablue is about £1250 supplied and fitted (including salt for the pool). An Aligator costs £850 supplied and fitted.

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 12:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 62 in Discussion

kibsolar, how much for a necon system? How much are the running costs?

kibsolar

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 17:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 62 in Discussion

i wonder that chlorination of drinking water in the UK is still not prohibited?

(maybe because its privatized)

YOU CANNOT COMPARE NECON SYSTEMS WITH OTHER ONES

as necon is the only one which works!, whether you sit or not.

again: chlorine in pools forms fe trihalomethans, chloroform and others are formed and they are ALL harmful or carzinogen.

spontanious abortion or stillbirth is possible, no matter whether it is 0,8 chlorine or 2-3ppm (parts per million). the risk does not double or half!!

the limit for trihalomethanes is 50 (germany) to 80 parts (US) per BILLION

i wonder why not flatron or aligator had been installed at a olympic pool in Athens 2004.

kibsolar

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 17:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 62 in Discussion

cont

prices:

for a up to 80m3 pool approx 4500 euro.

this price includes no health damage.

as you can use your back wash for the garden you will save around 4 tons a week of backwash water, each ton 10 lira= 160 lira per month times at least 8 month = 1280 lira = 610 euros.

running costs for copper electrodes are approx 300-400 euro per year.

result: running costs= minus 200 euro per year.

what could be more suitable to swim in than drinking water

negativenick

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 17:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 62 in Discussion

my old gran lived until she was 103 and regularly drank a glass of chlorine with her dinner - never did her any harm.

the number 67 buss finally finished her off though.

Nick

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 19:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 62 in Discussion

Hi Kibsolar,

The situation with chlorine in TRNC is worse than first meets the eye. A good example - today I was called to look at a pool maintained by A N Other. The pool often went green and the pool man told the customer his pump at 0.75hp was too small and he needed a 1.5hp pump. For an 8x4m pool a 0.75hp isn't really too small - I'd say marginal. I sampled the water and found the chlorine was off the top of the scale!!! I also found the CYA level was off the top of the scale at over 300ppm!! CYA should not really exceed 80ppm - any more and the chlorine becomes ineffective.

Conclusion - the pool water had so much CYA in it, the chlorine wasn't keeping the pool blue. Pool guys answer - put more chlorine in. Trouble is, the more chlorine you add, the higher the CYA goes. Classic vicious circle.

Whats this got to do with this thread? Because the pool was relying on hand chlorination to 3ppm the CYA level had gradually crept up and up. With an Aligator that wouldn't have happened

caulkhead

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 20:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 62 in Discussion

Looking at the Necon website, the installation seems quite large. As well as the high cost of the equipment, is it likely we would have to also build a larger pump room to house it?

kibsolar

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 21:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 62 in Discussion

vaughan,

that the pools are not well maintained in the TRNC is a well known subject.

that is because the "pool guys" have no clue what they are doing and lack also all measuring equipment.

besides the fact that they cold not handle it.

they come, sweep the pool, do a backwash, measure ph if, throw chlorine and ph downer in and leave.

ALL chlorinated pools you have to empty from time to time, isnt it?

caulkhead: the installation isnt bad. in some cases you need to have a better, highbed filter, a filter everybody should have anyhow to avoid too many backwashs and reducing pump running time.

BillyB

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 22:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 62 in Discussion

Kibsolar you make some valid comments as we invited some friends round (well ex friends now) for a pool party and by the end of the day there was only a few of us left.3 died,4 stomach upsets,2 spontaneous abortions/stillbirths,2 had a stroke,6 had green hair,4 had no hair,7 heart attacks,8 ear infections, I had the worst diahorrea everwhich was highly emberassing in front of friends as I was about to dive off the diving board at the time.The ones that did survive the party are suffering with astma, cancer and heart disease. So I shant be using chlorine any more!! I've been using a gallon of white vinegar a day which seems to be working ok at the moment but if this doesnt work I shall be looking at Vaugans crocodile but is it safe with the children and pets?

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
08/02/2009 08:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 62 in Discussion

Trncvaughan,

Would you recommend installing the aligator system from the beginning or should i wait for the pool to run on the normal chlorinated system first as put in by the builder to ensure that we have no problems then think about getting you up to look at an aligator system installation?

Yes, thankfully I was sat down when reading the price of the necon system!

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
08/02/2009 08:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 62 in Discussion

BillyB,

I guess the answer to your question of the safety with pets and children would depend on whether you want to keep them safe or not!

biker-babe

Message Posted:
08/02/2009 11:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 62 in Discussion

Billy B remind me never to accept a pool party invite round your place! Suzie.

kibsolar

Message Posted:
08/02/2009 14:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 62 in Discussion

scoobydoo,

and if i (or vaughan) would recommend you a proper filter, which is, oh my god, a 1000 euros more expensive than the rubbish one (standart) your builder (most probably) will put in...

then you have to sit down again?

either you can afford good equipment or you cant.

if you cant, give the service to Vaughan, pay the fee and he will look after your chemicalised pool well.

my regards

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
08/02/2009 14:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 62 in Discussion

Hi Scoobydoo,

Most swimming pool sterilizing systems can be either fitted at the time of pool construction or as a retrofit.

As far as warranty issues are concerned, I would let your builder fill, commission and maintain your pool until you are satisfied that all is OK. If you make any modifications too soon and there are problems with your pool, your builder is liable to use it as an excuse not to honour the warranty.

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
08/02/2009 15:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 62 in Discussion

Kibsolar,

It seems, from your last message, that I have offended you which wasn't my intention however we have made up our minds that your system, however good it appears to be, is too expensive for our budget and we thank you and everyone else for their input into this thread.

Trncvaughan,

Thankyou and will be in touch in a couple of months, our builder, so far, has been good but I don't want to give them the opportunity to back out of any warranties (should there be any!).

the cat

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 10:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 62 in Discussion

Hi can anybody tell me what it would cost to build a 10x5 m swimming pool and the best Pool company or builders to build it for me, also what guarantees would i be given after the build in the event that something would go wrong as i have read many horror storys regarding this.

kibsolar

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 13:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 62 in Discussion

no scoobydoo, i did not feel that you offended me.

its just....if somebodys budget is limited than it might be better to plan a smaller pool, but afford the better equipment.

same applies now for the cat. go to cyprus pools.

they are more expensive then others but a they also help you with getting a building permission for the pool.

not like others who just build and leave and in the future you are alone and maybe one day you have to renaturalize your property. same with wells.

just by the way, i dont understand why "warranty issues are concerned" and why they cannot install a aligator or necon system. it would make it easier, fe for the integration of a bypass.

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 13:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 62 in Discussion

Msg 52 - sorry I can't help you as my builder did mine and as it is still to be filled we don't have any idea if it leaks or not. My friends used Cyprus Pools, being one of the original companies here to do pools and they have been around for a while so my friends figured that they must be reasonable and here for a while longer in case of problems

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 14:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 62 in Discussion

Hi kibsolar,

msg 53.

We have been making various modifications to people pools for the last 5 years. In that time we have heard builders tell our/their customers "Of course you pool leaks, you filled it with salt water" and "Of course your pump has burnt out, it's not designed to work with a Watermaid".

These excuses not to honour warranties are just plain BS but some builders will say anything to get out from under. It's just not worth giving them an excuse to renage on the warranty, so we recommend not doing any mods for at least a month after commissioning.

Hi the cat,

I won't tell you what it costs to build a 10x5 pool, but I can tell you what I'll charge to build you one - about 22,000 pounds, subject to survey. There are plenty of people (I won't call them firms) who will offer to build you a cheaper pool, but remember - price is what you pay, value is what you get.

kibsolar

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 15:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 62 in Discussion

nice said, vaughan. that is what iam talking about since iam here in the TRNC.

A lot of builders here do not need to have an additional excuse. they will not be liable anyway.

dont forget, the cat, that from a lot of companies or builders will not even give you a receipt.....

actually i believe that even at this forum some people offering their services "black", so check for official registered businesses and ask for a official bill.

sorry Vaughan, that doesnt apply for you, but it makes me sick that so many "private members" are hiding their real aim....sales, and dont even issue a "fatura" after beeing successful. also they start "sales-threads", useless threads just designed for advertising themselfes....

i most probably will start a new thread about it....

ibrindley

Message Posted:
02/05/2009 21:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 62 in Discussion

Hi Vaughan,

We have a 10m x 5m Pool that has been built by Santa Fe but we are sick of waiting for it to be cleaned and filled. I would be very surprised if there were no faults but it appears to be fairly well built (double skin reinforced concrete).

We need someone to check it for any potential problems and make good where necessary, acid clean it, maybe regrout it (I doubt they used waterproof grout) and then fill and maintain it for us.

We are in Alsancak and will be over from 9th May to 6th June when we would hope to have it finished by the time we return.

Do you think you woudl be able to help?

Not bothered about voiding warranty as it wont be worth the paper its not written on!

Kind regards,

Ian

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
03/05/2009 07:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 62 in Discussion

Hi Ian,

I'd be pleased to take a look at your pool for you and tell you what, if anything, needs doing to it.

Give me a call on 0533 845 8494 when you get here.

ibrindley

Message Posted:
06/05/2009 22:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 62 in Discussion

Hi Vaughan,

Will call you on Monday. I have discovered that SF have now filled my pool but not sure whether fully functioning properly. Will have to wait and see. In any event, it needs checking over and we will need it maintaining.

Kind Regards,

Ian

zerochlor

Message Posted:
07/05/2009 09:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 62 in Discussion

Message 25

Hi scoobydoo

if your looking for a inexpensive way to have a chlorine free pool. try ZEROCHLOR also you can save your backwash water and use it with no problems straight onto your garden

http://www.zerochloreuropean.com

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
07/05/2009 16:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 62 in Discussion

Zerochlor,

Thanks for the message, have looked at your website before and will be in touch once we sort out our leak!!

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
08/05/2009 10:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 62 in Discussion

hi scoobydoo,

If your pool builder doesn't sort out your leak, give us a call.

Repairing pools that leak (not built by us!!) is the biggest part of our business.

We know why they leak, we know where they leak and we know how to fix them.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.